Idaho Grown SDA-1C's

Options
Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited April 2004 in Flea Market
Nice looking. No mention of the SDA interconnect.

No affil...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=3090198067&rd=1
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2004
    Options
    is 800 good for these?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited April 2004
    Options
    It's a bit high.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2004
    Options
    That's on the high side but they appear to be in excellent shape.

However, you could've gotten a set of 2.3 TL's a day or two ago for 100 more.
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Don't know that they're all that high, at least for the bay... I've only one record of these on ebay. A nice pair sold in Nov '03 for $825.

Could always ask where his reserve is.

Remember the shipping though Henry... That performance award burning a hole in your pocket?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    That performance award burning a hole in your pocket?

na just trying to get a feal for what these cost. It will either be SDA or ribbon or whatever comes first for the next step. Plus I bought the wife a new bedroom set so I have to wait till May 15th.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Hi guys been looking for one of these gonna kick my self in the nuts if I dont take a hard look at them. Whats a fair price that I should offer. Gonna be a pick up on my part no shipping. I live in Boise Idaho so Im sure he can deliver them or well meet half way. I have had my hearts set on the 1.2s cause they look so damn cool but these dont seem to be much smaller. Will these be a big improvement over the 90s that I now own? Thanx for the help.
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    wv,
    Maybe someone with audiogon data access can better guide you on an offer. Like I said, I only have one data point here...

LS90's are what you're running now? The SDA effect aside, I think they'd be close. Maybe a slight nod towards the SDA's with their PR.

If you move and are looking to unload the 90's, give me a shout, please.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Tour, if i get rid of them you get first shot.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2004
    Options
    those are very nice looking. wish i had some $$ to buy em myself. but i just bought a BBQ grill and a convection oven. i'm broke as hell now. :(
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by warviper
    Tour, if i get rid of them you get first shot.
    Sweet... My wife will be so thrilled...:eek:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    wv,

How many of the SDA's show up in you neighborhood ? If you're driving distance away and you want them then my suggestion is pay the 800 and go get 'em ... shipping would be what another 200 ?

A fair price ? Audiogon average used is about 550 I think but they've been going UP lately and this appears to be an excellent pair. I thought about it for a minute or two myself but I got enough other things goin on right now.

Like the ad says ... JUST DO IT ... :D
  • warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Im working on getting them. So if any one here has a bid on it please cancel bid now.;)

I had hopes of getting the 1.2s but cant let this go by with out making an offer. Good luck to any other bidders though, and I hope you rot in hell if you win.:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by warviper
    Im working on getting them. So if any one here has a bid on it please cancel bid now.;)

I had hopes of getting the 1.2s but cant let this go by with out making an offer. Good luck to any other bidders though, and I hope you rot in hell if you win.:D
    You can avoid all of this with one little click of the BIN button...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • danger boy
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hey warviper, let me know if you win em. i live in Spokane. and it would be cool to meet you and shake your hand. ha ha ha. there are a few other members in the area. in Spokane and CDA. just a thought.

al
    ;)
  • warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Hey I would love for you guys to come out and drink a few beers and listen to some tunes. I was joking Shack they are up for grabs on ebay and if some one wants to pay more than I do they are more than welcome to them.:D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    LS90's are what you're running now? The SDA effect aside, I think they'd be close. Maybe a slight nod towards the SDA's with their PR.

I have heard the LS90's and the 1C's and agree with Tour on this one.

Even with the BIN price you won't be disappointed and you won't have to pay shipping and take shipping chances. :)

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • stevecramer2
    stevecramer2 Posts: 34
    edited April 2004
    Options
    It said right in the ad:

'There are dedicated Left and Right speakers and of course the original SDA interconnect cable is included.'

spc
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Editted in, perhaps...

Anywho... ended early due to an on-line deal struck?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Damit I offered 800.00 delivered and got no replies two days ago ohh well.
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I thought you were within driving distance ? and the ad does say he'd deliver within 500 miles for reasonable expenses.
  • warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    He lives about 8 hours from me he said he has family in boise and every thing was looking my way till about twodays ago i got no contact I was going to bid on it later tonite when i can watch the auction close. So he was going to deliver it but like I said oh well.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i hate it when i place a good strong bid on an item on Ebay. THEN the seller strikes up a deal with someone else. then the item is no longer available for sale. I F*CKIN HATE THAT!!

i guess the seller doen't have the balls to let it run it's course. that's my bigget pet peeve. I've never ended any of my auctions early.. due to someone making me an offer. and i have had a few of them.

warviper, sounds like you did everythig right.. except maying using the BIN feature.. to guarantee you would get them.. but i know i've waited before on that too. and have lost the auction. others will come up on ebay i'm sure.
    good luck
  • warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    The thing is that he said contact him first about shipping and i offered the bin price but just wanted to verify that he would deliver also. But thats ok I had my eyes on the 1.2s and maybe this was a sign from God. ;)

1.2s I hear them calling me now.:D
  • warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Just got this email saying why the speakers are gone. Ohh well things happen.

Email:

Hi Cong,

You may have noticed that I ended the auction early.

Here's the story:

I really, really like these speakers and only reluctantly put them up on ebay because I came across a deal on some other speakers that I've had my eye on now for a couple of years. I just couldn't pass them up. Unfortunately, that seller had second thoughts and backed out of the deal. Hence, I've decided for now to hang on to the SDA-1C's.

If you'd like, I'll keep you in mind and give you first shot if I decide to let go of them.

Thanks again for your interest.

Regards,

Kevin
  • danger boy
    edited April 2004
    Options
    well that was nice of him to at least give a reason for pulling the auction early. but i doubt he'll ever sell his SDA's. but it's a nice thought anyways. ;)

so your search continues.
  • stevelarrison
    stevelarrison Posts: 63
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I don't know if you are still interested, but if you look at the auction again, they are relisted.
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Not seeing the relist... and only thing this seller has up right now is a BSR EQ.

Do you have a link?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Just wanna let you guys know that I got the speakers. They should be here on sunday.
  • danger boy
    edited April 2004
    Options
    nice going warviper. glad things worked out for you on the SDA's afterall
  • warviper
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I feel that I over paid for them "800" but I thought why not pay alittle more because they seemed to be in great shape and the fact that some may not turn up for some time. But they will be delivered to my door so no shipping applied and no damage from shipping is expected.:D