Star Wars : The Old Republic

domflane
domflane Posts: 653
edited January 2012 in Video Games
I was a little apprehensive to start as I'm usually a console only gamer and I'm 160 hours and level 66 into Skyrim. But since I have a really capable PC that never gets a workout I recently decided to load SWTOR up and I have to say that I'm really impressed. This is my first real MMORPG experience, even though I dabbled a bit in WOW. It could never really grab me with it's lousy graphics and lack of plot though. Star Wars, on the other hand, borrows some things from Bioware's previous stellar games, namely Dragon Age and Mass Effect, and it benefits greatly from them. The gameplay is great, the story is gripping and gets you from the start and the graphics are beautiful. Anybody else playing it yet?
Home Theater
RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
2 Channel
Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
Post edited by domflane on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2012
    I'm playing as well , I'm a Padawan learner ad level 4. I'm at the Jedi Temple training.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • domflane
    edited January 2012
    How're you liking it Dan? I'm still in the intro too, no lightsaber yet . . and unfortunately I happened to get on the busiest server on the east coast. I'm really enjoying it though
    Home Theater
    RTiA5 - CSiA6 - FXiA6 - PSW650 - Pioneer Elite SC-55 - Carver AV-505 - Sony 46" 120Hz - Monster HP 2400 - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3
    2 Channel
    Polk RTA 15TL - Harman Kardon HK3485 - HK DVD48 - Signal Cable IC's and speaker cables
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2012
    double post, sorry.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2012
    Loving SWTOR as of late. I've got a lvl 25 Sith Sorcerer, and then a bunch of toons that are 12 and under.

I just can't get over the visuals and story line. The cut scenes REALLY add to the overall feel of the story. My sith is indeed an evil ****, and it's fun to play him that way.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2012
    I'm now a Jedi and have 2 lightsabers , one is one I built and the other was given to me when I became level 10. I now have a Dual Lightsaber , it's badass.
    This game is amazing. I play every day for about an hour or so. My son is also playing , he's a level 18 sith.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • domflane
    edited January 2012
    I finally got my second lightsaber too, I'm really loving this game . . I'm level 16 I think and still trying to get the hang of a lot of the more complicated parts of the game. This is my first time with an MMORPG, and they kinda thrust you into it without a lot of in game help. I appreciate that, as its more fun to learn things on your own, but its a little intimidating when you see all the level 50's running around. It took me a couple days to memorize all the acronyms they use on the chat. I haven't even thought about what skills I'm going to choose yet, but there's some info on the SWTOR forum that's really helpful. Hopefully I'll see you guys on there, I'm on The Fatman server.

- Dom
    Home Theater
    2 Channel