Polkfest 2013 - thinking Atlanta area

Options
hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited October 2011 in Gatherings & Special Events
I know it is 2 years from now, but it is time for me to try my best to hold a Polkfest worthy of those in the past.

I know Polkfest will be in ay HQ, just want to put my hat in for 2013.

Thanks

Russ
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    edited October 2011
    Options
    THERE! And Im bringing your subs back with me! ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well that is mid-west Ga....you certainly should host a Fest..Russ...btw....we were looking at pics of the old fests over the weekend....some were of you during 07....as you demonstrated the beer balance snooze and drink method!!!!

I would be in for ATL.

RT1
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Can I come?:cheesygrin:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm in
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That would be cool!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm IN!

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Done deal as far as I'm concerned.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Given what happened this year it's hard to say. But barring any problems. Atlanta sounds good. As with Orlando (we had friends there, so no hotel accommodations were necessary--and I still didn't make it), my best friend lives in Atlanta and is dying for us to visit! So the location is perfect. Now, we just have to make sure that we don't excite the 'Fates'!

Thanks to Russ [and Steve--2011]...it takes quite a bit to put one of these Fests together and a gracious host to open his doors to everyone.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea to me. You know I'm in.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Plenty of time,,but Janice and I can offer a room to a Polkie if necessary,,IIRC the commute is about ninety minutes to Russ's,,,if/when it does happen,,I'll post a "karma" for the room.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ATL would be great! Insky!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I am about 1.5 hours from Atlanta. Way out in the country on a big lake. I could put up a few people Polkies if needed. Hell yall bring tents and camp out and we'll have it here! :lol:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    ATL would be great! Insky!

Atlanta area, Bremen is 40 mile/min West.

Hey, its 2 years out, who knows what will be going on.

If I start now, I might get all the projects finished by then.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm in. I'm an hour north of ATL in the Dawsonville area. I could put some folks up also.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited October 2011
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Hell yall bring tents and camp out and we'll have it here! :lol:

I've got a couple of extra tents! :lol:
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2011
    Options
    already planning 2013? why bother we all know the world is ending in 2012 so its pointless.

:mrgreen:
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2011
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    Atlanta area, Bremen is 40 mile/min West.

Well... considering the fact that I now live in Villa Rica, there's absolutely no excuse for me not to be in attendance.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • 72RR
    72RR Posts: 159
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Excellent
    My first Polkfest
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,080
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm in

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!