Its here...SDA-LSi

soupbone
soupbone Posts: 104
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Thats right polksters. Matt and Paul are you listening? With select dealers across the country selling the new LSI series its time for SDA to return to polk audio. We have the little gem sitting in the CENTER. The LSic center channel. It looks like the crs+'s litle brother. Don't tell me you can't do it! All it would take are some crossover changes and an interconnect cable. SDA is a winner! Home theater (oops, dirty word) buffs would love it! So would we! Just get it done!!!! Soupbone
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited February 2002
    A center channel does not contain the same cancellation effect that a true stereo source has. The SDA effect is never apparent or even noticeable when listening to movie soundtracks. If you set your surround sound receiver to “no center” it will go into a phantom mode that will add some stereo info to the L/R speakers, but that is never as good as a quality center. When I run my SDA system in surround mode, I unhook the cancellation cord, so the proper surround steering is better implemented. IMHO the Lsi's would probably smoke the SDA's as far as a seamless and purer sound quality in surround mode. Ring tweeters are very cool. If this were my world, we would be in theaters equiped with Dolby/SDA Digital and DTS/SDA 12.1 surround. I definitely hear what your saying though. :cool:
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • soupbone
    soupbone Posts: 104
    edited February 2002
    OK boys, If you guys want an affordable SDA line to return to Polk, send Matt and Paul a message by responding to this post! Soupbone
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    Yeah, I'll hold my breath.......I think that the powers at be at Polk are pretty well aware that current SDA owners would like to see them again. They haven't gotten this far by being unperceptive, blithering idiots.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    Don't hold anything back; tell us how you really feel! ;)

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    I don't want to be Mr. Obvious or anything, I just don't think a huge thread of Polk forum regulars expressing a collective desire for the return of SDA is going to be a huge shock to anyone at Polk....

Mr. Obvious
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited February 2002
    I run SDA 1C's up front in my HT, but I can tell you that when I drop the SDA cable, the sound isn't a spacial during music passages in movies. I notice an ambient quality that doesn't get portrayed without the cord plugged in. For what it's worth, the "LSi-SDA" could have a 'movies/music" switch on the back of one of them to switch between SDA-non-SDA effect to the listeners pref.