WTB - MW 6510 and SL3000

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited March 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Got some new to me SDA's, and got 3 dead drivers.

I know the SL3000 is a hard one, but what better place than here to find one.

I also need two MW6510

Thanks

Russ
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by hoosier21 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2004
    Gee Russ, Trey's DAD got too free ones, MAYBE he'd offer you one. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    edited March 2004
    I think he should return those to who GAVE them to him in the first place.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    edited March 2004
    Agreed. I just have a hard time believing that someone has the balls to take free stuff and then try to make money on ebay like that.

BDT
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2004
    Who sent out the two working tweeters? I looked through all four of the 1.2TL threads and didn't see it. Perhaps I had a brain ****, but I think that information ought to be a lttle more clear before we bash Sid (or his Dad) unfairly into the ground.

Sid: Did you guys get two new tweeters from a board member or not? (Hint: it is a yes or no answer)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • TroyD
    edited March 2004
    Yes, from Warlocks1 (another stellar guy, btw)

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    The 3000's in question came from Hooiser to me, then from me to Warlocks. Warlocks offered them up (free).

Not a single dime was ever exchanged along the way.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2004
    Cool, never saw the connection, but then work has been brain frying me as of recent...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited March 2004
    Folks,
    I am greatly sorry for all of it. But he wants 50 dollars a tweeter. In his words "If I can't get that, I wont sell them."
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2004
    This just keeps getting better by the minute.

Un-friggin-believable.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    edited March 2004
    Reason why I think he sees it that way...

To him the SL3000 replacement (to me and him) sound the same as the SL3000, if not the same, incredibly similar. He dosnt find it a justifiable change except to pass the tweeters on to someone that wont blow them.

I think those are his reasons. I am not sure though....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2004
    He got them for free now in turn trying to make a profit off them? WTF:confused:
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    edited March 2004
    No, he isnt just selling the free ones. He is selling all of his SL3000 tweeters.

He plans to run an auction every 3 days.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2004
    Trey, STOP TYPING.

No reason is going to be a good one at this point. Rule #1 when ones finds himself in a hole is to STOP digging.

Find something else to do for a while, ok?
  • jdhdiggs
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    No, he isnt just selling the free ones.

Sid, what would he sell them to you for? In the future, when you have the funds and the room for SDA's, you'll probably want those tweets around, if not, you'll want get a good deal from someone around hear on the purchase on some SDA's instead of relying on E-bay.

I see an oppurtunity for you here that may or may not be rewarded for taking several times over in your audio life...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2004
    Why does every thread end up having 2-100 posts with Trey talking about SL3000's again.... JHC!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited March 2004
    Bad Karma!
    Life without music would
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    Bad Karma!

Yes, very...
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2004
    can't u till get SDA parts from polk? i know they are "originals" but its better then blow drivers right?
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2004
    Do I smell the Hall of Shame?

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • hoosier21
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by Airplay355
    can't u till get SDA parts from polk? i know they are "originals" but its better then blow drivers right?

I don't know if the 6510's are in stock at Polk, waiting to hear back from them. I do know the replacement tweeter is out there, but being slightly anal, if I go with the replacement tweeter I would want to replace all of them, = more money.

I would hope I could buy working drivers, but yes there is a risk of getting a bad one from somebody, I hope that will not happen.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    If you want an original one, I can pop one out of my SDA's since they will be inop for about a month....let me know. I will just fill the hole with gentleman's relish.

Everytime I ask about them, they are out of stock. I gave up.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2004
    So the free '3000's came from Hoosier originally and now he needs some? This is cooky. Hoosier, if you wish to sell me a few originals you could buy new ones OR if you wish to have originals I can give you mine and buy new ones. No big deal to me either way. (seeing as how you sold me mine originally anyway!) How freakin funny is that!!!
    Mine are out of the original 2.3TL's you sold me years ago. I have 5 good ones out of six. I need a single original or could go with any combination of new or used ones so long as each channel is the same.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited March 2004
    Russ,

My offer stands.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cds
    cds Posts: 28
    edited March 2004
    Hoosier, Madmax,
    It sounds like you both have 3000’s in need of repair. Rather than have them on the shelf in a cardboard coffin, I am willing to evaluate and possibly repair them.
    If they failed as mine did, the fix is not too complex, and I will do some maintenance while I’m at it.
    If successful, I would be interested in your opinions of the sound.

BTW, anyone have a schematic of the original SDA-SRS, or would Polk be the best source?
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2004
    I'm just curious as to how Sid Sr. got a hold of Warlocks1. :o
    Make it Funky! :)
  • hoosier21
    edited March 2004
    Thanks for the offers guys, looks like I will getting the MW6510 from Polk, and I will be working out a trade on the SL3000 with F1nut.

Thanks again.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Are the 6510's finally available now? If so, I will be ordering a couple spares.