Yes Brandnamez again?

Eddie624
Eddie624 Posts: 77
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I inquired with brandnamez about there polks products and about the warranty and stuff and here was there reply:

Dear Ed:

Please be advised that we are not an Authorized Polk Dealer. However,
we purchase all the Polk Dealer products from an Authorized Polk Dealer
Dealers. At BrandNamez, we stand behind every product that we sell.
Defective or Damaged items may be returned only for a replacement, within a
7-day period from the receipt of the product. Please note that all of the
products that we sell are Brand New (Grade A), Unopened and come in the
original manufacturer's box. Please note that according to Polk Audio, the
warranty should be valid, as long as the Serial Numbers are not removed from
the product. We don't remove any of the Serial Number Information. At
BrandNamez.com, we are committed to provide our clients with the highest
quality of Customer Service.

Sales Department

For anyone that just cares. So to me what they are saying is that as long as it has Polks serial number Polk has to warranty the product. But from reading Polks policy and like many other manufacturers they dont have to warranty if it is purchased from a unauthorized dealer. Anyway i was pretty bored today so i read a lot of posts about brandnamez so i figured i would email brandnamez and see what they had to say about it.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Ohh yeah it only took them 10.5 hours to respond back to me.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    I think the jist of the earlier conversations were that there was no issue with Polk holding up it's end of the deal. It is pretty commonly accepted that if you have a problem with a Polk product they will (and I can attest to this) go WAY above and beyond to help you out.

The problem lies in if you recieved something that was damaged intransit, whatever, an non-warranty issue is where you COULD have a problem. As a non-Authorized dealer they are not bound to conform to any standard of service. Also, if you order something and it isn't in stock (re:RTi line) and it is on back order, well, I wouldn't hold my breath....

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ncstatesman
    ncstatesman Posts: 145
    edited February 2002
    well, look's like I'm cancelling my 400I order w/Brandz and going with crutchfield - why deal w/the headaches?
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    Yeah well i have no deisre to buy from brandnamez as i dont like mail ordering anything myself personally. I travel a bunch so i can always swing by crutchfield on my travels. Anyway i havent worked in a few weeks and was bored so i figure i would email brandnamez just to see what they replied. I never dealt with Polk support but like many other manufacturers they say explicitly on their sites they dont warranty from unauthorized dealers so i think i will just use authorized dealers and not worry about getting stuck with something. And also i bought my some of my polks cheaper then i could have at brandnamez and now i will be able to trade them in on the newer models once they hit the shelves. Woohoo
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    What ya got that you are looking to upgrade???

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Eddie624
    edited February 2002
    I bought them RT600i's and a cs245i an a psw350 right now