RT55i pair for sale ... maybe ..

octong
octong Posts: 25
edited February 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hate to part with them but got a unbelievable deal on a pair of nht's and the polks are just too nice to sit in a closet gathering dust ... I also did a couple of searches and saw that they actually seem to have appreciated in the last year or so since I bought them.
Haven't posted here in a while but thought I'd give the true fans a chance before I posted an ad on audiogon or ebay.

Email me if you want specifics or pics. Have some real purty cherry stands that will be up for sale as well.
rob@rlc.net.

Rob
Post edited by octong on

Comments

• bokdaddy
    bokdaddy Posts: 176
    edited February 2004
    How much are you asking?
    Home:
    Denon AVR-1803
    Polk CSi30
    Polk RTi70
    Polk RTi28
    Polk PSW-303

Car:
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U
    RF Punch P400-4
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM651
    RF Punch P300-1
    Boston Acoustics G312-4
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited February 2004
    pics man....we need pics and why are you attempting to sell other than them sitting in the closet?
    Life without music would
  • octong
    edited February 2004
    I have dificulty selling things that I like even if I don't need them. I like the polks A LOT but they were in my smaller system to begin with and now that I have the new speaks there's no reasonable place to use the 55's.
    I'll get back about the asking price tomorrow but here are a few pics I took with my fancy new camera.

http://users.rlc.net/rb/rt55/backandfront.jpg

http://users.rlc.net/rb/rt55/darkonstand.jpg

http://users.rlc.net/rb/rt55/OneGrillone.jpg

http://users.rlc.net/rb/rt55/tweeterclose.jpg

btw, couple of the pictures are crappy but it's not my new camera's fault ... it's mine.
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited February 2004
    I love my 55is far more than my 800is, if that's of any use to anyone. If we're talking a two channel setup, it's no contest; these speakers are tight and provide some slam.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • spyderman
    spyderman Posts: 678
    edited February 2004
    I love the 55's and I'm interested.
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2004
    Great speaker, but what's with the lighting? It looks like you solarized the images a bit....they look odd.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • octong
    edited February 2004
    I was taking pictures of a bunch of different things I'm going to be selling ... my dining room is the best place because the big glass sliding doors let the natural light in. Didn't get to the polks til the sun was setting and the easiest additional light source was to take the shade off the lamp and sit it on the floor near the speakers. Also, I really did buy the camera about 4 hours before I took the pictures so I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

So .... ended up looking kind of interesting but it was accident not intent.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2004
    Looked kinda neat, I thought I was having a flashback :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • vtec11
    vtec11 Posts: 82
    edited February 2004
    what's the price man??