Jinjuku - pro gear in mastering studios

Comments

• inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited December 2010
    TECHNOKID wrote: »
    :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Actually I was thinking of not posting at all in this thread and report it for closure but in light of megasat16 post about this sale I wonder if you (jinjuku) wouldn't mind answering a few simple questions. I see that you posted your FS at audioholics on November 28th and you got involved in wolfpack help request on November 25th http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1464788&postcount=1 proposing this as an option http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1465039&postcount=4 so since I don't have proof and don't want to accuse without any, let's formulate this as a few questions. Is it at all possible you got all worked up and defensive with us which didn't agree that Behringer was a good option for the OP because of your intention to offer the OP this A500? Is it possible at all that we (against Behringer idea) somehow sabotage your plans on offering the OP a great deal on your A500? Simple questions and I would humbly say they are legitimate due to parallel FORUMs postings referring to the exact same gear. Just a thinking here, any comments (jinjuku)?:frown::frown::frown:

Makes you go Hmmm . . .good detective work!

Is anyone else wondering if we should introduce jinjunku to jolax73 ??
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited December 2010
    Makes you go Hmmm . . .good detective work!

Is anyone else wondering if we should introduce jinjunku to jolax73 ??
    Hey, the coincidence just look to obvious not to ask. When the many of us discarded Behringer as potentially good option for the OP, he got really worked up and mad at us and the OP requirement didn't seem important anymore, the A500 seemed to have the priority over the OP's thread. I don't know, just sayin...
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited December 2010
    I don't care anymore!!!!!! lol
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2010
    Keiko wrote: »
    Sounds as good as any Behringer or Crown, but it's real strength is in getting vinyl pristine clean. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding!?! Hit that vacuum switch and it sounds better.:eek::biggrin:
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    edited December 2010
    jinjuku wrote: »
    If you guys are so correct:

Cable burn in, you would have taken up the challenge.

$350 2.0 amp/pre put up against that yammy or hk mentioned in that thread vs an src/xls amp. Someone would have taken up the challenge.

All talk.

Please go away. We are all idiots and shouldn't be seen talking to you.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    edited December 2010
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited December 2010
    A little off topic.............but I have been getting a huge amount of entertainment out of this thread today. So many speak as if they are the absolute authority on the subject. Comical at best, very sad at worst.

LOL :tongue:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1210192
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited December 2010
    I see the sand box is full,but I want to play too.:biggrin:

While I don't think for a second that Behringer has any real market penetration into the music or hollywood scoring studio enviorment .That market is dominated by the likes of these guys. http://bryston.com/user1.htmlHowever some of their units have found wide acceptance umongst the HT and DIY audio crowd for specific applications.Their amps and Feedback Destroyer parametric EQ are used a lot for HT subwoofer duties.In fact there is software originally written for use in combination with the BFD's feature set.http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/
    http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/bfd-electronic-equalization-devices/

There are a lot of threads regarding the DCX2496 at Diy Audio and elsewhere discussing it's use for DIY active loudspeakers because of it's very hi level of flexability in regards to crossover points,delay and levels etc.

I don't nor do I aspire to own any Behringer equipment but it appears even they have a few products that some feel have value.
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010

Train.jpg

I'm hoping those gals are at least 18 (at least the one back left who somehow reminds me of Katherine Hegl?), or I am a bad boy!
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2010
    I'm hoping those gals are at least 18 (at least the one back left who somehow reminds me of Katherine Hegl?), or I am a bad boy!

Nope, not a bad boy... maybe just an old man that needs some better glasses!:eek::tongue::wink::biggrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    edited December 2010
    I have no experience with Behringer in the home audio ring. But in the band/gigging scene I have. And that alone does it for me, I would never buy any of their crap. Not even for a garage rig.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited December 2010
    I do have a piece of Behringer equipment in my 2 ch setup. I'm pretty happy with it's performance. Of course, it isn't quite what you would buy at your local muscians store.

http://www.behringermods.com/what-we-do.html

http://www.affordableaudio.org/AudiosmileBehringer.pdf

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited December 2010
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Maybe he doesn't need to be here anymore.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner here folks!

This will be my only post on this thread. Have a nice day gentlemen.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited December 2010
    In the future, when I am more dedicated to audio than I am now, I am going to see how often I am mentioned on other audio forums.:smile:

Love

More Love

More More Love
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • inspiredsports
    edited December 2010
    In the future, when I am more dedicated to audio than I am now, I am going to see how often I am mentioned on other audio forums.:smile:

Love

More Love

More More Love

". . . was one of the back pedlers"

(www.m-w.com "pedler; The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.")

:eek: and according to jinguuku, you evidently don't even know how to: Ride a bike (backwards?)? Sell things on a street corner? In a back alley?
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2010

Love

More Love

More More Love

With all you do I can't imagine what you would be like when you are "more dedicated to audio"...:eek:

But, I can't wait to read it!!:biggrin:
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Toolfan66
    edited December 2010
    Does that guy have any life??? I hardly have much time to keep up with this fourm let alone going to other fourms to spread BS..
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2010
    Well, this is the main place you post DK so at least he's consistent. Your body of posts, reviews, discussions are also very welcome here as opposed to the reverse poster and you're also a welcome bonus to a couple Polkfest's over the years. He may only have birthdays under his belt.....or MENSA, who knows.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Toolfan66
    edited December 2010
    What I don't get is how this guy gets to stick around...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited December 2010
    More More Love

Funny stuff coming from someone who has never owned a cable costing more than $100.00.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    edited December 2010
    If you are in a bind and want cheap raw power, why not a pro amp?
    But does it sound as good as buying a nice used piece of quality gear?
    No. That's where I have a problem. How many times does some
    guy show up here to tell us all "properly designed" amplifiers should
    sound the same? Sorry, just about every real amp I've ever come across
    has a bit of it's own sound. Execpt the big box HT gear. It all sounds
    like crap. Crap is a sound signature, isn't it?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2010
    Keith, every time I read your posts, I try to make it flow like a limerick. Quit hitting the GD enter key, just type, let it flow......
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2010
    Who was the limerick guy years ago.....faaak, what was his name....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2010
    TroyD wrote:

BDT

trubluluc?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • audiobilly
    audiobilly Posts: 351
    edited December 2010
    Sounds like a "Wiki" leak!:eek:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited December 2010
    Guys, Juju is busy bashing us on another forum.........when he's done dragging us through the mud I'm sure he'll respond with an intelligent answer. Well, intelligent for him.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2010
    shack wrote: »
    trubluluc?

and Bingo was his name-o
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2010
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Keith, every time I read your posts, I try to make it flow like a limerick. Quit hitting the GD enter key, just type, let it flow......

Right now perhaps a naughty one is in order to describe the
    member from Nantucket and his Pro gear.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2010
    TroyD wrote: »

BDT

Ka7niq? AKA Spec K?
  • Hilbert
    Hilbert Posts: 316
    edited December 2010
    TroyD wrote: »

BDT

You don't mean Edward Lear, do you?

http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/learwk.html