West Coast Polkfest 2011 ????

mole'
mole' Posts: 3,160
edited November 2010 in Gatherings & Special Events
just wanted to see who all would be interested in a West Coast PF for 2011?

not trying to take anything away from the EC one.
mole'
Post edited by mole' on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2010
    Look, I appreciate the enthusiasm...but, I'd ask that this get nixed from Jump Street. There is one Polkfest a year....other than that, your just watering down the concept. It's enough to get people to travel to one a year...but we start doing this kind of thing and it's going to go down the crapper.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2010
    i agree with Troy. it's fine to have mini local PF's. but really only one per year where people can plan and attend is really all that's needed.

Mole', you know how bad I want one to happen in the West. but next year is already etched in stone.

Rumors are the 2012 might be booked already.. 2013 is ? and I know for sure 2014 is open still. I won't add any more comments other than that.

Mole' sorry I don't know your name bud.

AL
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited November 2010
    TroyD wrote: »
    Look, I appreciate the enthusiasm...but, I'd ask that this get nixed from Jump Street. There is one Polkfest a year....other than that, your just watering down the concept. It's enough to get people to travel to one a year...but we start doing this kind of thing and it's going to go down the crapper.

BDT

Thanks
    danger boy wrote: »
    i agree with Troy. it's fine to have mini local PF's. but really only one per year where people can plan and attend is really all that's needed.

Mole', you know how bad I want one to happen in the West. but next year is already etched in stone.

Rumors are the 2012 might be booked already.. 2013 is ? and I know for sure 2014 is open still. I won't add any more comments other than that.

Mole' sorry I don't know your name bud.

AL

we have a mini one planned already thats next weekend.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104702

i was just thinking it would be nice to plan a bigger one for next year so more WC people could make plans. i know im still a newb on here and i was not trying to step on anyones toes. i just know i wont have the time to head out east for a PF and was hoping to bring/make one of our own.

so ill let it go.

everyone knows me as Mole or Mole'
    mole'
  • edoggrc51
    edoggrc51 Posts: 584
    edited November 2010
    So i take it all PF's are out on the east coast??
    Denon 4311ci
    MINIdsp OPEN-DRC
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual IPR-7500 amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Emotiva Stealth 8's, Airport Express
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2010
    so far.......I did the Fontana thing from 77-90, wife still has family in the area, thats the thing about RT1.....like Johnny C. I've been everywhere man I've been everywhere.

RT1