Speaker spikes

13»

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2010
    They're the same spikes you can get from PE or OregonDV.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2010
    Hey everyone...could someone advise me as to which spikes I'd need for my SDA 2A's?

I'm going to go with everyones recommendations regarding the Mye Sound spikes...I just need to know which ones to get. I know I need to 1/4-20 thread pattern.

Which ones do I need...?

https://myesound.com/Points_n_pads.html

The big spikes(second from right) or the little spikes(second from left)? I'm guessing the smaller ones...?
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2010
    The big ones.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• comfortablycurt
    edited June 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    The big ones.

Damn...it's gotta be the more expensive ones, doesn't it?:p...lol

Thanks for the info, Jesse.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    Damn...it's gotta be the more expensive ones, doesn't it?:p...lol

Thanks for the info, Jesse.

Curt Jesse's right, get the big ones. I put, what was the mediums ones, back four years, on my 1.2TLs and I'm was sorry I did. I got the bigguns and never looked back.

I know the mine are biigger than yours :D but the medium ones are no longer availible so don't cut yourself shot.
  • comfortablycurt
    edited June 2010
    Alright...I'll definitely be going with the bigger ones.

I'm gonna have to modify my cabinets a little bit to accommodate the spikes. My 2A's have the pedestals on the bottoms, so I'm going to have to make some blocks to put in the insides of the corners of the pedestals. Anyone have any tips/advice on the best way to go about that?

Jesse-I believe you gave me some advice on that issue in another thread once, but I can't recall what thread that was in...What would be the best way to go about attaching the blocks to the corners? Should I attach the blocks, and then drill all the way through the blocks, and through the bottom of the cabinets for the inserts? Or should I just use some kind of T-nut or insert nut in the block itself, and not drill through the bottom of the actual cabinet?
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited June 2010
    Curt. hope you don't mind I piggy back here. Small or big for the SRS2?

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Curt. hope you don't mind I piggy back here. Small or big for the SRS2?

Gordon

Gordo, Grant doesn't offer the middle size any longer so I would go with the big as you will find the smaller ones won't hold the weight as well.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2010
    here you go,,even has a little snippet regarding Polk

https://myesound.com/Points_n_pads.html
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • keithpgdrb
    keithpgdrb Posts: 15
    edited July 2010
    I sent polk customer service a note about spikes for my RT11TL's, and here is what I got..

"Good-morning,
    We have the Spike Kits (RF1400-1) at $2.65 + S&H per Kit.
    You can order with a Credit Card or Money Order.
    Please contact us at the address listed below. Most States require that you pay Sales Taxes.

Thank You,
    Helen Yarbor

polkaudio
    Customer Service Rep / Parts
    Baltimore, MD. 21215
    1-800-377-7655
    Fax- 410-764-5470"

I dont know what kind they are, but I might just order them and see.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited July 2010
    They are standard, straight steel spikes with a locknut.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    edited July 2010
    Any model RTi A5/A7/A9 owners have these Soundocity outriggers installed?

I'm very interested in these for my day-old A7's. Funny thing is before stumbling on this thread last night (and Soundocity website), I basically had this exact product pictured in my mind as a better way to level the speaker in lieu of the factory spikes.

For those of you that do own this product, was it worth the additional cost?

Did you get equal-length bars for both the front and back, or did you use a longer bar for the front, due to the curvature of the cabinet?

Thanks in advance - this does look like a well-designed product...
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • Not sure this is still going but I have A5's and hard woods that are way off level so the speakers wobble a bit. I'd love to find a spike solution to level them out and stop the wobble. I believe i still have the spikes that came in the boxes but they will scratch my floor to pieces over time. The links within this thread (myesound) are not working for me. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!
  • F1nut
    edited February 2018
    They sell spike discs to protect hardwood floors.

As for spikes, the stock ones are basically junk, so you'll want something better. Adona sells some as does Parts Express except I believe all of theirs are metric thread and you want 1/4-20.

I forgot one, Music Direct sells spikes from Track Audio. Very, very nice spikes.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks, I'll check them out. Another discussion here suggested quarters and i tried pennies. They work perfectly for now to level them out. Better than rocking back and forth...

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2384279#Comment_2384279
  • F1nut
    If you need to adjust the height of spikes use a nut on the threads. Put them on all 4, adjust until level then lock the nuts tight.

President of Club Polk

• Thanks, I did and they are nice and sturdy.
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    I still recommend the Soundocity outriggers (or any similar product) due to the ease of adjustment and beefy construction (I got the steel spike version). I did get different lengths for my A7's and think they look great. I even bought a set for my two-channel system's Wharfedale Emerald 99's...
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited February 2018
    Herbie's has nice spike footers.

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/spkrfeet.htm

If you get something all metal, you can apply felt adhesive pads to bottom. You definitely want the top to have indent for spikes so when you slide speakers they won't slide off footer. You have to watch moving speakers closely on uneven floors as you may lose a footer.

I made some out of VTI rack end caps. I used a hold saw to drill through some hardwood for wood discs and used construction adhesive to glue them into the cups. I used a heavy duty dense adhesive felt pad under them. Speakers are 128 pounds and the footers hold up well.

jwbndckqu52d.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *