Capitol Area Audiofest

1235»

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2010
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Wish I could have been there and the comments here haven't done anything to alleviate that feeling... One question - what do you mean by "modified"? I had been wondering if any of the LSis everyone is raving about had any crossover mods. :confused:

Modified as in the new lineup. The loudspeakers were stock, just as they should be for a manufacturer show.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2010
    Topper wrote: »
    yo DORO could you tell me your thoughts on that Maverick preamp. Hows the synergy with the RTiA and LSi series? You didnt by any chance get to try it with one of the TSi speakers did ya?

I was very impressed with the Maverick some time ago and wouldn't hesitate to use it again. It's a hi-fi bargain.

No, I did not connect any TSi loudspeakers. It's not my favorite line so I found no reason to use them.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited June 2010
    Photos are up!

Click on the link below, then click on the date.

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    Photos are up!

Click on the link below, then click on the date.

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/
    Spiffy :cool: Makes me wish I could have been there. Lots of great gear!
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2010
    Lots of gear....nice crowd! Mark, good footwear--makes us New Englanders 'proud'!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the link,, Mark,have you lost weight?;)

Seriously-- from just looking at the pic's,,I'm sure a great time was had--it appears that some thought went into the room setups,,gives me the mpression of a relaxed listening area that you can apparently "get into"
    Good on ya'll.

Atmosphere,, that's it.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited June 2010
    Seem's to be horn's in abundance but boy are they fugly.The Border Patrol tube amps look real nice.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    Beautiful gear!!! Great pics! I saw a picture of the Polk room in Face's link; you guys did an awesome job and I'll bet the sound produced by the Polk speakers put some real surprise into the audio snobs.

Fred's right those horn are outright fugly.

Seeing all those boxes of vinyl made me weep.

I gotta get me a better, more reliable car; missing the mini-Polk meets of late and this one is puts a knot in my well rounded gut.
  • dubradio
    dubradio Posts: 181
    edited June 2010
    Cool, blurry pic of me :P

Im lazy, still havnt gotten a chance to upload all my pics, but here are 3 lower rez shot or the Polk Audio Setup

4707229505_aafcdd5826_b.jpg

4707229299_01a7605927_b.jpg

4707229169_e83e1225db_b.jpg
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited June 2010
    Cool pics Kyle.

That first shot looks a bit haunted.
  • dubradio
    edited June 2010
    The Power of photoshop my friend ;)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    If those pictures are "lower rez" then you need to come teach me how to use my Canon!:D
  • dubradio
    edited June 2010
    lol, well I use a canon 7D, 18mp. I had to convert these from raw then to jpeg then to 50% jpeg to be able upload them to flickr as well as email. the orginal raw file size was well over 30mb each, rezd down they are right around 1 mb each