Rti series vs. Infinity interludes

plem
plem Posts: 30
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I've got a friend who swears by his Infinity Interludes.Problem is, he won't keep quiet about them!
How does the Rti series compare to the Interludes?
Thanks.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    to me the polks sound better, there missing something the detail at the top & at the bottem but they look pretty. thanks,joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Harman International (JBL and Infinity) have done nothing but go downhill in the past 20 years. The RS series from Infinity 2 years ago was a much. much better speaker than what they produce now.

In my VERY humble opinion, Polk RT(i) series will outshine the comparable Infinity model easily. I think outside of looks (fell of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down), the drivers are mediocre at best, the cabinet construction leaves room to be desired, saving grace, maybe the internal network.

But hey, no need to come down on your bro's system. Just listen, and tell him the differences you hear. A true audiophile will not just judge components, and brands in a system, but be able to tell what they are, and are not hearing.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    the interlude's were actaully on my list of speakers when i was looking to upgrade last year. obviously, now i own polk. in my opinion polk out weighed the infinitys, especially in the center channel - that is wher it was most apparent, and the center being most important in a HT set-up, polk was the obvious choice. the rti's are the best value for the money IMO. but go listen for yourself... :D