edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
:lol:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited February 2002
    Options
    why not just get a small sub for the bass ... those monitor 10's are pretty nice..IMo
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited February 2002
    Options
  • jmierzur
    jmierzur Posts: 489
    edited February 2002
    Options
    My Monitor 10s with two Def Tech ProSub80 outperformed my RT20p (earlier generation of RT2000i) speakers. The RT20p are going and the Monitor 10s are staying. The Monitor 10s also have a better sounding tweeter IMO.
  • gmg
    gmg Posts: 22
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I have found my 2000i's to be able to produce as much bass as I wanted. The quality of the bass IMO is not there. I tried everything I could read/find to get the boom out. I even asked this site if anybody had removed the amplifier from the speaks and let the big amps drive the whole tower. Didn't get much help on that one. I ended up with the 55's and a 650. That seemed to get the boom out and the trio seems to blend well. When in HT, the 2000's with the 650 were an awesome combination. But we are a 50/50 house and the the 2000's musically just didn't seem to be there. Gordo
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I'm just the oposite of the last post... I have my 2000i's witha a velodyne ct150...and I run my stuff 24/7 music/ht and love it. I had the 1000's up there..the 800's up there..but the 2000's are just great all around sounding speakers....
    Quite a few had talked about boominess ...but I have never experience this..... Love my 2000's with music... I noticed when I went to the 2000's ..my mid bass tightened up...and a little more tighter punch... Most will do with setup... I have no plans to get rid of my 2000's..

but still.. with your monitor 10's...I'd just add a good sub and think you'd be happy with that..
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    Options
    i got the rt-20p polk towers they make good surounds, mater fact all powered towers make lousy mains they make real good surounds, hes what i do i have 2 rt-7 on top of 2 psw-650 subs with pedestals, i come off the yamaha rx-v1 receiver right & left rca lfe subs out puts to each psw-650s use 2 rca spliters go to each rt-20p towers to the rca plugs, take off the biwire binding post bars use your rt-20p or any speaker as a right & left lfe subs on mine i have 5 subs i split r&l to make 4 then i have a 200w per channel 15" sub for the mono out on the yamaha rx-v1 receiver so that makes 5 . 2psw-650, 2 subs on the rt-20p, 1 autio source 15". i put all the speakers on small accept the rear center. thanks, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.