FX500 owners

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
This was discussed quite a while back, but it's worth revisiting.

Those with the FX500 (as well as FX300's. It'll work here too) model rear surrounds, how do you have them setup? Side walls? Rear wall?

For those with the side wall mounted ones, which way do you have the midrange/tweeter side pointing? Polk states in the literature to mount them with the midrange/tweeter side pointing to the FRONT of the room. Someone had mentioned quite awhile back to switch them around to have it pointing to the REAR of the room, so I did and haven't touched them since. I like this way better as it gives a better sound distribution behind you. It sort of enhances that total enveloping sound.

Anyone else have it this way?

John
No excuses!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• vrede
    vrede Posts: 5
    edited January 2002
    I've got my FX500's on the rear wall set to bipole.

I experimented with setting them on the side walls, but found them to be too overpowering.

Right now they're sitting on shelves about 6 feet up and are 5 feet apart from each other. The midrange/tweeter side is pointing outwards. I've angled them every which way, side walls and real wall, but I've found they blend in the best for me with this setup.

~ Spencer
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2002
    I have my FX500I's set up dipole with the woofer pointing forward like Polk suggested. They are about 5 feet from the ground (custom mounted). I have a 6.1 setup and the cs245i feels in the rear pretty darn well. Sounds awesome --sound is seemless. :)
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    i have 4 of them 2 on the sides about 6ft just to the sides of he listners in the front row and 2 on the back wall switch the right one on the left and they are 7 feet apart 6 feet off the floor i can renber wht i set them too but they sound good