kickin' the nuts out of B&W

gidrah
gidrah Posts: 3,049
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Last week my wife and I went to a local stereo store. In one of the sound rooms there was a system playing some unfamiliar Jazz through a pair of B&W Nautilus 804s. We walked in, I shushed the wife and closed my eyes. After about 45 seconds I openned my eyes and looked to the wife. She promptly whispered, "I think yours sound better". I couldn't believe it at first, but she was right. This system had more $ in cables than I do on cables, CD & receiver. And my Acoustiflex speakers were basically free.

I am the luckiest **** in the world.
Make it Funky! :)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    the only b&w i like is the older 802 phase 2 thats the one they should have stayed with i didnt like the 801 at all , the 802 did sound good but at that time they where $4,800 a pair. polks are the best for the money. thanks, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    I'm a big fan of most Bowers and Wilkins speakers. They have the trademark 'British' Sound that is real easy to listen to. The 800 series has seen a lot of work in studios also. Monitor Audio has similar tonal qualities.

I agree, one drawback to B&W is the price. They usually run 30% more than comparable speakers, for the most part. Once again, subjective hobby we have here, but they definately get 'props' from me.

Cheers,
    Russ

And yes, I do own some B&W, along with Polk, Monitor Audio, and Celestion.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    I can't speak for the Nautilus 804's, but the Nautilus 802's are amazing, certainly better than anything else I've heard. But hey, for $8000 they should be!

Aaron