LSi review coming

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
That is, an LSi review by yours truly. Tomorrow I will be traveling an hour or so to go listen to some LSi9's. I figured I'd start some Friday afternoon anticipation. :) Look for the review tomorrow sometime. Direct comparisons will be made to Sonus Faber Concerto and Magnepan MG1.6/QR speakers, my current fav's.

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    Options
    aaron, where ya headed, anything close to me. main st a/v is probably closest to you up at school, eh?

looking forward to your review...
  • Aaron
    edited February 2002
    Options
    You are most correct, sir; that is indeed the destination. I talked with presumably the owner on the phone yesterday. He came off as a really arrogant ****. We shall see.

Aaron
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Aaron,

Just what is your personal take on the Paradigm studio 100's? I believe you had auditioned a pair a while ago.....how' are they compared to the RT 800'S.....reason why? my brother is trying to out do my system and putting down my polks!

a pair of these are going for $2100.00 cdn or almost half price in US$

dc.
  • Aaron
    edited February 2002
    Options
    As much as I would love to like these speakers, I haven't been able to. To be fair, I haven't heard them properly set up. From what I've heard, you can do better for the money, but maybe not in Canada. I was actually thinking about buying a pair in Canada a year or so back. How do they compare to the RT800's? The Studio 100's are better speakers, no doubt. Still, I really haven't heard them properly set up. I know they're capable of more than I've experienced. This is a poor answer, I know, but it's the best I can do until I get a fair audition.

Aaron
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited February 2002
    Options
    A,

I haven't auditioned them myself......but my brother in-law has and he say's they were pretty good but the equipment they were using to power them wasn't the best and the room dynamics wasn't that good also....he is thinking about buying a pair to replace his energys.

I'm happy with my RT 800i's right now and will not be upgrading them for a while . I'm presently saving up some money to pay for the 36" SONY WEGA that will be coming home with me in about two weeks.

If I did have some extra money I wouldn't mind owning a pair of Lsi's ....the ring tweeter technology.....but the prices will be much higher here in Canada because of the exchange rates and they're made in the USA. But it will be very interesting to hear your reviews on them.

by the way...thanks for the insight and the studio 100's priced at 2100.00 cdn are priced for the black color model and not the cherry color.

dc.
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Speaker7,

Have you looked at the warranty for the Sony? I have the 36" Wega. It is last years model, but I am already having problems with it. The warranty is 90 days labor, 1 yr parts and 2 yrs tube. My screen begins to flicker and a popping sound comes out of the speakers, even when on mute. The repair shop is almost positive it is related to the power supply, but without the problem occuring consistently they could not be 100% positive. It is going to cost me $150 just do diag the problem and they figure another $250 to fix it. I am really looking at a Toshiba next time. I know two people with the 36" and they have never had a problem. My brother also has a Sony and after 26 months he had to replace the tuner. This is only my opinion and experience with these units. If you do get it, good luck.

Greg