Polk Vs Bose

Options
fabian1
fabian1 Posts: 218
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Curious, I recently updated to some RM6600 speakers for the family room home theatre, not the main home theatre, as I run some serious high end gear inc polks which I wont bore you with but how is it that POLK make outstanding speakers and components and yet BOSE with and I quote in my opinion build rubbish. my opinion is based on value for money, if BOSE were half the price of POLK my opinion whould therfore be good for the money but Its not, hence my lack of understanding. When I bought the POLKS I listened to a BOSE LIFESTYLE 50 and thought not bad for home theatre, shocking for cds, and I nealy fell over when I was told the price:confused: . When is POLK going to design and build a simalar type of system so some integrity in sound and value for money can expose BOSE for their utter garbage they seem very good at conning the world with. :)
The Wonder From Downunder
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Bose needs no help in exposing their garbage. They do just fine on their own. Their speakers speak for themselves.

John
    No excuses!
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    Options
    to the educated ear, BOSE is crap, they scream it themselves....
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Funny, I've been talking to customers who've purchased the DS7200 system, and all of them said that the main reason they were willing to spend loads more money on that system (as opposed to the lower priced HTiB systems & Bose systems -- which they all characterized as sounding "like toys") was pure performance. The Polk blew them all away!

We're working to present our system in more stores the way Bose does, with a cool demo endcap and stuff. What do you think of that?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    Options
    if polk had bose' marketing, polk would rule the world....

forget the endcap, i think polk should have a dedicated sound room wherever it is sold...:D
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Great IF and when will we have it in Australia?:)
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    Options
    i feel sorry for people that buy bose, how can a sales man look the customer in the face and sale them bose, if i was a sales man i would steer them to polk speakers would you, i dont under stand it thanks, joe
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.