Bin Pondering.....

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
....that 3M adhesive thing. Is that a new type of connection for my subwoofer? Is that better than using the LFE connection?

Bin Thinkin
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2002
    It is a small disc that is placed on the optic sensor (little nub at the end of the wire) of the 'Firefly'. This sensor is attached to the register on a water meter (via 3m), the unit is programmed, and then counts sweeps of the needle as water is used.

The reading is transmitted via 900Mhz radio signal every 3 seconds, so Utility departments can drive down the street at a good clip, and pick up all the readings, via a custom attennna and Panasonic Toughbook laptop.

FF%203.gif

The adhesive is fairly strong, activated by short bursts of pressure, and takes 24hrs to cure completely.

I have been thinking that one disc, properly placed on a woofers dustcap may tighten up the lower midrange response considerably. Troy, I'll send you some, try em on the RT7's and let us know....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    So you ARE one of those smart dudes that I hear so much about....I'll be waiting by the mailbox.

In D. Dark
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2002
    The 3M adhesive stuff is great! If you are talking about the one that is grey in color it works for anything. We use it to mount glass touch panels to raw LCD panels. I started using it for everything. One gotcha though, once you originally unroll it (even if you roll it back up) it dries up. I've used it to mount all sorts of car audio stuff in places where nothing else even comes close to working.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2002
    This is a little disc, white, about the size of a quarter, pea sized hole in the middle. Plastic backing on both sides.

I did find one use, a guy up here re-stuck his rearview mirror to his window with one, 9 months ago, still holding....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Can someone post a scan of this product or packaging? Or a link? What is this stuff?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    i 2nd what micah sez.
    :confused::confused::confused: 3m thingy:confused::confused::confused:
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Originally posted by ntculenuff
    i 2nd what micah sez.
    :confused::confused::confused: 3m thingy:confused::confused::confused:

3mm thingy....??? micah's gonna have to photograph that for you himself...:D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Here ya go Micah.

3M

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    You are truly the man! Hahahaha.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2002
    Made me laugh so hard I started coughing...

Greatness Ron

R
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Ron-good one, its hard to type my eyes are still tearing.

Micah-what a stroke of luck for you.
    Chris :)