T600

luciopit
luciopit Posts: 4
edited June 2014 in Speakers
Hi i saw these speakers on sale Polk Audio T600 Floorstanding Speaker and i cant find any info about then they are not even listed on the polk web site
What are the specs for these speakers and are they any good??
Post edited by luciopit on

Comments

• Haps
    Haps Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I came over to post a similar question.

In looking at specs I suspect the T600's are the Same as Monitor 60's. But looking to get some confirmation.

The site also lists T300 Bookshelf which share same specs and look just like Monitor 30's.

As well CS180 centre channel which looks and has specs like a CS1.

But I'd love to know for sure.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2010
    Normally I'd say welcome to Club Polk but I'm not sure about the two of you. That link is NOT A REAL SITE...and contains some malicious-ware!!

Here is your REAL link: TRY TO FIND A T600 THERE? Does it 'exist'???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2170310494%2050012345&bop=And&Pagesize=100

Next step is the 'reported' button!

Have fun while you can!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • luciopit
    edited April 2010
    May i ask what u are talking about????i dont mention any link and here;s where i have seen the speakers http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290196&Tpk=t600
    Thanks anyway for Welcoming me ;)
  • cnh
    edited April 2010
    Sorry about the confusion--there has been a lot of spam of late so I over-reacted.

I did NOT notice that you're linking newegg CANADA! And yes, your original post had a link in it which I did click--the second click spun my laptop into a feedback loop of some sort that kept opening endless windows.

I have NO idea why Polk would market what is definitely an M60 with a black front baffle..

In any case, maybe our Canadian members know and can explain this.

WELCOME TO CLUB POLK TO BOTH OF YOU!

• luciopit
    edited April 2010
    thanks cnh would these m60 sound better then my klipsch rf25?? thanks
  • cnh
    edited April 2010
    That's a tough question to answer for a number of reasons. The Klipsch RF (Reference series) is a step up from what used to be their entry series the Synergy. So they use ceramic metalic sandwiched drivers and a metal dome horn. They are a pricier speaker than the T600 with a similar frequency range...but they are FAR more efficient so they will play much LOUDER with less power and may sound better in an A/B comparison to those who don't know that.

So a better comparison would be the RF series to the Polk Rti series!

Secondly if you like HORNS you will prefer the Klipsch speakers. If you don't you won't like much of anything Klipsch makes.

Although I do not prefer horns myself. I think I'd say that your speakers are a bit better than the T600s or M60s IMO. The real upgrade for you would be Rti-A9s or the older version RTI-12s. But they are pricey.

cnh

• luciopit
    edited April 2010
    thanks for your help
  • Haps
    Haps Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Called Polk today and they haven't heard of those model #'s. But they agreed that they would appear to be Monitor 60's, 30's and CS1.
  • Boricuarx7
    Boricuarx7 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Just my 2cents worth... I am looking to upgrade my JBL HLS610 for these Polk T600 I see (almost every week I go to see at a local Brandsmart store).. As noted the Polk website does not have these listed. I heard them on sales floor( no proper acoustics of course , but the price $145. each sounds appealing). Every time I go (3x ) I do not get clear info as for specs on these. I am running Onkyo TX -NR 509 on my JBL's with JBL center and KLH bookshelf for rears. Also Cerwin Vega 12" sub. I would greatly appreciate and info on these T600. thx.
  • pyrocyborg
    pyrocyborg Posts: 524
    edited June 2014
    Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM 705, LSiM 703, LSiM 704c
    Receiver: Denon X3500H
  • pyrocyborg
    pyrocyborg Posts: 524
    edited June 2014
    Boricuarx7 wrote: »
    Just my 2cents worth... I am looking to upgrade my JBL HLS610 for these Polk T600 I see (almost every week I go to see at a local Brandsmart store).. As noted the Polk website does not have these listed. I heard them on sales floor( no proper acoustics of course , but the price $145. each sounds appealing). Every time I go (3x ) I do not get clear info as for specs on these. I am running Onkyo TX -NR 509 on my JBL's with JBL center and KLH bookshelf for rears. Also Cerwin Vega 12" sub. I would greatly appreciate and info on these T600. thx.

Specs should be the same than Monitor 60. I don't know why they have both the T600 and the Monitor 60, but the T600 can be bought in Futureshop and Bestbuy (Canada), so it's definitely not a fake. I do think they simply rebranded the Monitor 60 and put a black baffle to be able to sell an old model with a new look with no R&D involved, maybe because the Monitor 60 were a popular speaker in Canada.

This is a lot of maybe(s), but it would make sense.

As for the sound itself, I don't know: never heard them.
    Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM 705, LSiM 703, LSiM 704c
    Receiver: Denon X3500H
  • I bought the T600 speakers at brandsmart to replace a pair of polk bookshelf speakers (model # unknown) that had finally locked up after nearly 20 years of use. I still use the yamaha rxv 2090 receiver and the polk psw 300 subwoofer that i bought with them. The T600 are complete junk in comparison, i have had this pair for roughly 2 years now and they sound like total crap. One of the woofers has blown and a second one sounds like it is ready to go any moment. Don't waste your money. Go buy a better set than these, your ears and your wallet will both thank you.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I bought the T600 speakers at brandsmart to replace a pair of polk bookshelf speakers (model # unknown) that had finally locked up after nearly 20 years of use. I still use the yamaha rxv 2090 receiver and the polk psw 300 subwoofer that i bought with them. The T600 are complete junk in comparison, i have had this pair for roughly 2 years now and they sound like total crap. One of the woofers has blown and a second one sounds like it is ready to go any moment. Don't waste your money. Go buy a better set than these, your ears and your wallet will both thank you.

This is what someone had to say about your AVR.
    An extremely dated AV receiver with poor power specs that is completely useless as an AV receiver today. I wouldn't give $25 for it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    I'm sorry there's a problem with your T600 speakers, however they came with a warranty and Polk will send you replacement components to get your speakers working correctly at no charge. All you need to do is telephone them at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the speaker's serial number handy when you call.
    Regards, Ken
  • The T600s Are very good tower speakers, they are 200W dynamic balanced i bought mine a while ago and they are great for the price these days they even compete amazing with Polks Monitor XT70s, im not saying you should do this but i had a Motley Crue song on and had volume at about 70 on absolute and they did not cut out there was no issue they took it with pride.