SRT: SDA or not?

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
This thread/poll is to settle a friendly argument between Russman and myself. Was the SRT speaker an SDA?

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2002
    Options
    You ****.

BTW, The SRT system was not 'a' speaker, it was a system.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    it was an SDA system...

Line source stereo and SDA arrays are cascade tapered in the SRT enclosures for controlled vertical directivity, uniform dispersion at all frequencies and minimal room interaction.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2002
    Options
    my understanding is it had active SDA in the controller thingy for the front speakers, not the passive system of the SDA series of speakers. does that settle the matter? BTW am I correct on the thingy?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I told Boseboy to just ask Paul, but no, the big production continues...

It may borrow some SDA tech, but it is not AN SDA speaker, hence part of that line.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    Options
    hey, polk's ultimate SRT system can't compete with aaron's lifestyle system.

how's the new 3-2-1 crap, i mean bose? seems very impressive....:D
  • Aaron
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Oh, just because I'm right we have to talk about my Bose speakers! I see how it is! Just you wait! My direct/reflecting technology whoops up something fierce on SDA, man!

Aaron
  • Aaron
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Oh, and did I forget to mention that mine use full range drivers? None of this crossover business here!

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2002
    Options
    There is a half-**** xover in that bass module you dry hump every night......

R
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    Options
    full range drivers... it's the way to go...:rolleyes:
  • Aaron
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Dude I told you! You can't hump that thing unless your dick is 3" long and 3" in diameter! Otherwise you won't feel a thing and your dick would hit the wire screening.

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2002
    Options
    You got one odd shaped **** there bud.....

Must look like a small can of chili?
  • juice21
    edited January 2002
    Options
    :D :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:
  • Aaron
    edited January 2002
    Options
    No way man! Mine's more the shape of a California Sequoia! (minus the leaves and branches and stuff)

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    Options
    sounds like Aaron is hung like a tuna can.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Options
    KNOCK-IT-OFF

You guys are going to get Micah all hot and bothered. There goes another sock.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I hate to burst the controversial bubble, and with all due respect, the SRT system was indeed an SDA type speaker system. The control module wasn't there to add the SDA electronicly, as the dual arrays of drivers did that. It was a subwoofer crossover and output control . It did have settings for off, normal and wide seetings for the SDA effect, but nonetheless, it was the last great hoorah for SDA.