Blockbuster (Flame ON)

Options
Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Last Tuesday was the first time this year I set foot in a Blockbuster. I had some rental coupons, so I thought what the heck.

First, I requested my account be closed the last time I was there, was it, nope, still open:confused:

I rent Bedazzled and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I ask the counter guy to check the disks for scratches. He opens up CTHD and sees something. He proceeds to take his finger nail and scratch off what ever it was. To my surprise the object is gone, left in its tracks, a scratch mark about 1/2"x1/2".

Are these people complete and utter MORONS, I think so.

My account is now closed, FOREVER. I hate BallSucker.

Bedazzled sucked except for whats her name. CTHD was excellent. Looks like one to add to the purchase list.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Yes, I still get down on Prologic every now and then....I have ALWAYS, and will ALWAYS inspect the tape/dvd before I am even NEAR the counter.

Nothing like getting halfway through a movie and having it pixelate and lock, or skip, or the audio becomes so bad you cant make it out. Then you must STOP, go BACK to Ballsucker and wait in line, only to find out they dont have anymore.

So honey, did you enjoy the first 1/3 of the movie tonight? It was great, wasn't it. Now you see why we have $3000 in HT gear, right?

Cheers to Ron, FU to Bsucker

Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've been renting DVD's from Blockbuster for 2 1/2 years, and I've NEVER had a single problem with their DVD's. Maybe DVD-ROM's are better readers than standalone players? I doubt it. I have a real DVD player now, but I've only rented 2 or 3 movies from Blockbuster on it so far. No problems yet!

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Aaron,

The biggest reason I hate BB is they are the sole leader in the fight for rental-pricing DVDs. That is completely unacceptable and I will not pay money into a Co. that is fighting for that.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    From what I can tell in the media, the rental-pricing-structure threat may be moot. I could be wrong tho, things change all the time in that world.

I personally have whipped my local BB into shape. They now have a HUGE DVD collection, multiple copies of even esoteric stuff, and stuff that I can't even buy (even a copy of Besson's "The Big Blue"!). I constantly bugged the manager, gave her a list to order (and she did!), and thanked her every time I rented something. And now, I wouldn't be surprised if my BB had one of the largest DVD collections around. It's actually nearly half the store. They are turning VHS tapes on their spines to accommodate ever more DVDs!

Anytime I've had a problem, a scratched disc, or whatever, they have given me a replacement or a free rental with no argument. Granted, they are not geniuses: I'd never ever ask them for a movie recommendation (plus, they seem to never bathe), but service-wise, Blockbuster has been good to me.

Surprising, considering I don't like big chains or iron-fisted manufacturers like Pepsi or Wal-Mart.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ....you have to give Pepsi props for that sexy Britney Spears commerical!

Aaron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Britney Spears does nothing for me at all. She's too... Cheesey or something. Too round.

But that Christina Agulara, she's exactly the kind of girl I love. There is something so... dirty about her! I just love watching her (with the "mute" on, of course).

Yeah, if I had to pick one of the new crop of those sexy little songbirds, I'd go with dirty little Christina.

When do we get to pick?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney