2002 Speakers are HERE!!!!!!!

Options
iDoNtKnOe2k1
iDoNtKnOe2k1 Posts: 30
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Check out the New models list and youll see new centers and new Floorstandings!!

They look awesome!

Thanks Polk People.

I was on the site while they were changing the site around and the speakers kept dissappearing and moving to another folder and i was like WTF?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• newsman
    newsman Posts: 198
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Arggg! Real wood people, real wood! And the prices are the same one I paid for my RT800I and CS400i a year ago. They look Oh So much better and it seems like they go a little higher as well. Finally they use soft dome tweeter instead of the metal one in the original i series. I don't know if I would like tweeter change but everything else I LOVE. Why oh why did I bought my system last year. I guess that's the ultimate price to pay for our hobby, pals!
  • iDoNtKnOe2k1
    iDoNtKnOe2k1 Posts: 30
    edited January 2002
    Options
    by the way webmaster...you forgot to take out the LsI15 in the New Models Folder :)
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Yeah, but they've got that crappy new logo!:D

Seriously though, I wouldn't (I don't) feel bad about buying the current RTi series. They're fine speakers! I'm glad that Polk continues to improve things. It doesn't matter what you buy, there'll always be something better. If you wait, you just miss out on the nice stuff you could be enjoying now.

Plus, if they didn't introduce new models, then we wouldn't have the opportunity get the fantastic close-out price deals!

Jason
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by iDoNtKnOe2k1
    by the way webmaster...you forgot to take out the LsI15 in the New Models Folder :)

duh! Thanks :)

~JB
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    the new replacements look great! i'm not too upset about missing out on the 'latest and greatest' cause i prefer black speakers anyway and it's still just real wood veener... i would like to bring a pair home to do a side by side comparasion, just to see how noticible the sonic differences are...
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Silk soft dome tweeter has got to sound good, but I wonder how different it will sound compared to the current RT and RTi tweeter?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Sexy Speakers guys, LOVE the new look. What is that finish anyway? Looks like a Calvados or somesuch, not quite cherry, a little more robust....kinda JmLab'ish, looks high-tone.

Thumbs up, can't wait to see how Polk does this year. GREAT jobs guys/gals.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    Options
    The finish reminds me of Vienna speaks......very sexy. I also agree with Paul, there were too many different models....I like the simplified version.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Will the Center and surrounds be available in Cherry as well? Only shows Black as being available.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I agree, great looking speakers.

Personally, I'd never buy anything but black. When the lights go out, I like my speakers to vanish into the dark.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • plem
    plem Posts: 30
    edited January 2002
    Options
    The new towers look great but what do you guys think of the surrounds and center channel? I'm sure the sonic improvements are there but the fx500i and cs400i were mean looking speakers!
    What happened to the anti-diffraction bezel on these models this year? Will that make a difference to earlier models?
  • mikemokr
    mikemokr Posts: 150
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Anyone (especially from polk) care to venture whether the CSi40 or CS400i might be a better match for my Monitor 7C fronts, in terms of timbre-matching? (no, I can't say offhand whether I have a "golden ear" that would be particularly sensitive to noticing potential differences)

Also, in
    this post raife told me that two different tweeters were used during the lifespan of the 7C. How could I tell which one I have and how might this affect the answer to my question above?

thanks in advance
    Main HT (family room): Polk Monitor 7 (1987-original owner) (L/R) / CSi40 (C) / RTi38 (SL/SR) / SVS 20-39PC (sub), Outlaw 975 pre/pro / Outlaw 7075 amp, Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray, LG 42LM5800 teevee
    2ch (family room): CRS+ (1987), Outlaw 1050 AVR, Denon DCM-420 CD
    Kitchen satellite 2ch: Polk M3II, Topping TP-20 Tripath amp fed from 975 rec line out
    Home office: Model 5 (1978-Danish Peerless), Lepai 2020A+ Tripath amp fed by laptop dock
    Awaiting assignment: PSW202 (NIB) to be wired inline in home office rig; Monitor 5JR (1988), Model 4 (1983-US Peerless)