PSW 650 Help

Options
I just bought the RM7600 speakers. I have a Yamaha receiver RXV620. On the owner's manual from polk with the pre-out hookup, it says to put the front speakers at large and to turn the subwoofer to "off". My receiver has 3 options none of which are "off". Which one would be best 1)Subwoofer 2)Main 3)Both. I would guess that both is what I'm looking for here, any help would be appreciated.
Also with my receiver (I so far) I have been unable to adjust the rear speaker sound output seperately. It will not let me adjust the sound level in the "test" phase at all, much less indivually which is a problem since I have to off-center them due to room constraints. Anyone else have trouble with this or is it something I'm doing or not doing.

Thanks,

Matthew
Post edited by slughammer on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    if you have your sub run through your mains, i would set your reciever to 'mains'. as for the rear channels, are you trying to set Db levels or distances in your reciever? i know many reciever's will let you change indivicaul db levels but not distance levels. check with your manual to ensure your receiver allows you to set indivicual rear levels.
  • slughammer
    slughammer Posts: 2
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I am just trying to change the dB level. I followed the instructions from my receiver manual but there is no option for surround speakers or rear (left and right) to change the volume for them in the "test phase". The manual matches my receiver, I was just wondering if I'm missing somthing or what normally comes up to raise the dB on most receivers.

Answears appreciated,

Matthew
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    Options
    usually in the listening set-up on the rec. you can pan through center/left front/ right front/ subwoofer/ and either rears (or) left rear/right rear. if you are in this set-up to adjust the respective db levels and only 'rears' comes up, that is all your reciever is going to let you adjust. is this what you are running in to?
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited January 2002
    Options
    If I emember right the 620 is 6.1 capable. If you have them hooked up to the rear(6.1) channel it will be mono and you could not adjust 2 speakers separately. Or adjustable if set for 5.1. No sure just a thought, its been long time since I've seen a 620.
    Chris :)