Which Polk product?

Options
tomcatcrew
tomcatcrew Posts: 2
edited September 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Gentlemen,

I'm just getting back into 2 channel and have an opportunity to pick up some previously enjoyed Polk speakers.

I can choose between the RT600I or the R30's

My musical tastes range anywhere from classical to Ozzy

I'll be using a Denon DRA-685 Receiver 100W per side -
nothing fancy - just want the best sound I can get for a reasonable amount

Which is the better choice?
Post edited by tomcatcrew on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited September 2003
    Options
    RT600i
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Keep your eyes out for closeouts on the RTi line, beings the new line is coming soon to stores.

Since you mentioned 2 specific choices, I will recommend the RT600i. It is a more dynamic and capable performer than the R30. The cabinet is more appealing to me personally also.

Good luck.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tomcatcrew
    tomcatcrew Posts: 2
    edited September 2003
    Options
    How long ago did they discontinue thr RT600i and would you say the RT70/100i are significantly better?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited September 2003
    Options
    The RTi70 is an awesome speaker. I honestly think it is the best speaker in the current RTixxx line. If you have the money I would get the RTi70, avoid the RTi100 as much as you can (unless you can NEVER get a subwoofer in ANYWAY SHAPE or FORM)

The RT600i is a great speaker though, I believe it was 1.5 or 2 years ago it was discontinued - but still sold recently for 200 bucks or so (new)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    There are alot of great deals floating around the internet and local brick-n-mortar stores.

The RTi70 has a nice following here in the forum, and it is popular opinion that it is a better performer than the RTi100. I would say the RTi70 is the best performer out of those three choices.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited September 2003
    Options