Rothbury Music/Arts Festival

comfortablycurt
comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

I've been to this the last two years, and it was an incredible time both times I was there. From the looks of it, this year is going to blow the last two out of the water.

The Grateful Dead
Bob Dylan
Willie Nelson
The Black Crowes
String Cheese Incident
Les Claypool
Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band w/Tony Rice
Gov't Mule

Plus 20+ other bands and electronic music into the wee hours of the night.

4 days of camping, an alternative energy seminar...hell...there's even a circus in town that weekend that's right by the venue.

250 bucks, July 2nd-5th 2009. If you're in the area, or even if you're not, I highly recommend this. Should be an excellent time.
The nirvana inducer-
APC H10 Power Conditioner
Marantz UD5005 universal player
Parasound Halo P5 preamp
Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
Post edited by comfortablycurt on

Comments

• phipiper10
    phipiper10 Posts: 955
    edited April 2009
    Yes, would love to hit this one up. No more good festivals in NE....

A smaller local Fest that is very kid/family friendly
    http://www.wormtown.com/strangecreek/artists.htm

A good one in NY
    http://www.mountainjam.com/

For all things festival related go here- something for everyone/anywhere!!!
    http://www.jambase.com/Festivals/

I'm consuming a lot of music and baseball this summer. Luckily most of the tix are paid for already. Phew!!!
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • comfortablycurt
    edited April 2009
    Those look like some good ones too...that'd be a bit of a drive for me though.

That jambase site is pretty cool...I've gotta check that out a bit more.

This is in Southern Michigan...forgot to mention that earlier.

I've got some baseball tickets for this summer already:cool: These damn Cubs are already driving me crazy.

This festival is going to consume a lot of my money for the summer festivities...I'll probably hit up a couple others though still. I definitely won't be missing this one. Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan are my top 3 bands...with two of my top 3 being there...I wouldn't even dream of not being there. This has been all I can think about these last couple of days. I can't wait...
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited April 2009
    Thinking about going to this one. Toured w/ SCI for a while on & off early 2000's
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2009
    wizzy - You look like you're pretty close to my absolute favorite festival, Merlefest. Should be going on soon, too. I've seen people ranging from Robert Lockwood Jr. and Pete Seeger to Bela Fleck and Bob Weir there.

They're having one called Delfest in Cumberland, MD on Memorial Day weekend that's got me drooling, but I'll be in labor and delivery that weekend if all goes as planned....

Anybody ever been to the Grey Fox Festival?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • rothgirl
    rothgirl Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

I've been to this the last two years, and it was an incredible time both times I was there. From the looks of it, this year is going to blow the last two out of the water.

The Grateful Dead
    Bob Dylan
    Willie Nelson
    The Black Crowes
    String Cheese Incident
    Les Claypool
    Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band w/Tony Rice
    Gov't Mule

Plus 20+ other bands and electronic music into the wee hours of the night.

4 days of camping, an alternative energy seminar...hell...there's even a circus in town that weekend that's right by the venue.

250 bucks, July 2nd-5th 2009. If you're in the area, or even if you're not, I highly recommend this. Should be an excellent time.

So who played the 1st year? if last year was the second year? I live pretty close to Rothbury (actually mid-west michigan, not southern) and I've only ever heard about last year. Sure it wasn't another festival you're thinking of?

"Fans had little but praise for the first-year event, whose 2009 return was all but confirmed by producer Jeremy Stein in a Saturday afternoon interview with the Free Press." http://www.freep.com/article/20080706/ENT/80706001/
  • Stevenmbell
    Stevenmbell Posts: 60
    edited May 2009
    Don't forget Beck is going to be there with dylan and Jacob D is playing the same week in the area so he may show
    2 CHANNEL:cool:
    Belkin PF31Pure power/AV Conditioner
    NAD C165BEE PreAmp Great Phono Section
    B&K ST1400 S2 Power Amp
    Audio Quest 4 Speaker Cables
    ProJect RPM 1 Carbon
    Ortofon Blue Cartridge
    Quadio Interconnects
    Denon 2910 DVD-A/SACD Player
    Pangea SE 14 & AC9 Power Cords
    Vifa DIY 3 ways Sound is incredible. :biggrin:
  • Stevenmbell
    Stevenmbell Posts: 60
    edited May 2009
    I live about fifty miles from the ranch. you can watch the show from Highway US31
    2 CHANNEL:cool:
    Belkin PF31Pure power/AV Conditioner
    NAD C165BEE PreAmp Great Phono Section
    B&K ST1400 S2 Power Amp
    Audio Quest 4 Speaker Cables
    ProJect RPM 1 Carbon
    Ortofon Blue Cartridge
    Quadio Interconnects
    Denon 2910 DVD-A/SACD Player
    Pangea SE 14 & AC9 Power Cords
    Vifa DIY 3 ways Sound is incredible. :biggrin:
  • comfortablycurt
    edited May 2009
    rothgirl wrote: »
    So who played the 1st year? if last year was the second year? I live pretty close to Rothbury (actually mid-west michigan, not southern) and I've only ever heard about last year. Sure it wasn't another festival you're thinking of?

"Fans had little but praise for the first-year event, whose 2009 return was all but confirmed by producer Jeremy Stein in a Saturday afternoon interview with the Free Press." http://www.freep.com/article/20080706/ENT/80706001/

Actually you're right...I go to a lot of festivals in the summer time, it's hard to keep track of them all. I'm thinking of a different one.

Last year was awesome though.

I meant Southern Michigan as in, not the northern leg of Michigan. My apologies...thanks for the correction.

Don't forget Beck is going to be there with dylan

Beck's gonna be there with Dylan? I hadn't heard about that. That'd be awesome.

I guess Dylan's playing Summerfest in Milwaukee on July 1st too, which is the day before Rothbury. I think he's got Willie Nelson sitting in with him as well, so we're probably gonna hit that show up and go to Rothbury from there.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp