Revox A77 HS

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
edited April 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
Hello,
This is a venerable A77 high speed deck that was used by a recording engineer and was in pretty bad condition. I think it was my first 500 Q-tip deck, meaning I used 500 Q-tips with various solvents to clean from top to bottom. I learned a lot about the construction of these decks, how they really function from the bottom up. I added the stainless steel front plate, it was the last cabinet that the original Revox company had in stock when they were in Nashville. I went there for a tour once back in the '80s. The nice thing about this deck is that it can play NAB and CCIR playback, so the Tape Project tapes can be heard.
Cheers, Ken
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,378
    edited April 2010
    That is a reel thing of beauty Ken. I would love to experience R2R one of these days...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited April 2010
    Wow! Very nice! That piece looks like it should be in a museum. It is also one of the finest sounding R2R's I've ever heard. Terrific restoration!
    Carl