Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    Read the values on the components.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    You have good soldering skills?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Options
    You can twist the black and yellow caps to see the values as needed. If the wires break, you were planning on replacing them anyway :p Or you could cut the wires from the caps now.

I could be WRONG but I might guess they are 12uF and 27uF (maybe 24uF)
  • pkquat
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Has anyone actually measured the inductor values for the 7B?

7A or 7B? I thought the 7A had the peerless and the 7B had the SL2000. The "schematic_m7_orig.pdf" and "schematic_m7_rev.pdf" are for the SL2000 / RD0194 tweeters. The "schematic_m7_rev2.pdf" are for the SL2500 / RD0198 tweeters.

I don't have 7A spec's, but I thought there was one schematic pdf floating around here for it.

Related/Unrelated, I should have inductor values for the 5A and 5 Series 2 sometime this spring.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    pkquat wrote: »
    You can twist the black and yellow caps to see the values as needed. If the wires break, you were planning on replacing them anyway :p Or you could cut the wires from the caps now.

I could be WRONG but I might guess they are 12uF and 27uF (maybe 24uF)

Indeed, you are wrong.

The info was posted on the first page.

For hippo's 7B's....

12uF
    34uF
    2.7 ohm
    4.5 ohm
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pkquat
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Indeed, you are wrong.

The info was posted on the first page.

For hippo's 7B's....

12uF
    34uF
    2.7 ohm
    4.5 ohm
    TY, :D
    pkquat wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »
    Has anyone actually measured the inductor values for the 7B?

7A or 7B? I thought the 7A had the peerless and the 7B had the SL2000. The "schematic_m7_orig.pdf" and "schematic_m7_rev.pdf" are for the SL2000 / RD0194 tweeters. The "schematic_m7_rev2.pdf" are for the SL2500 / RD0198 tweeters.

I don't have 7A spec's, but I thought there was one schematic pdf floating around here for it.
    I was WRONG on both counts :(. I now see the 7B in on the cup.

I also found a (the) schematic, but the inductors were not listed. :(
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/59876/special-monitor-7-what-should-i-do
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    Options
    Nice to see my contributions to the forum are still going. Been a long time.

I miss my 7b's. One of the better sounding polk's i've ever owned.

Nik