Electronics repair shops question

Options
BrettT1
BrettT1 Posts: 560
edited February 2010 in Electronics
I have a Myryad MDP 500 that I have been enjoying for a while now. Recently, it has started shutting off, kind of like someone pulled the plug. I tried a different power cord and it did the same thing. Seems like it might be a power supply problem. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable electronics repair shop? I have contacted Myryad, but there's no way I'm sending this thing to England.

Something in Oklahoma would be great, but I'm willing to ship. Suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by BrettT1 on

Comments

• BrettT1
    BrettT1 Posts: 560
    edited February 2010
    Options
    OK, they emailed me an authorized Myryad repair center in Montreal, Canada. Guess I'll just send it there.

*I'd rather keep it in the good ol US, though.*
  • Krazyz1
    Krazyz1 Posts: 256
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Send it to Hi-Tech Audio in Gresham Oregon. 503-618-7605. Tech. is Roland Barr. Does a ton of Carver and too many other brands to mention. 1 year parts and labor warranty. Does ALL my work. Reasonable prices and professional work. Give him a call. Tell him Karl sent you.
  • niles300z
    niles300z Posts: 21
    Options
    How did this work out? Did you send it? Ebay it?
    These things are nice to know so we can ALL learn. Part of giving back for the valuable information that is shared is the followup. That makes it easier for the next guy to determine his course of action should the same thing happen to him. Ehem.Thank you.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Holy necro batman!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    You tell him. 7 years and no update? 7 lashes!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    I personally would really like to have closure on this.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • niles300z
    Options
    A stab in the dark. At least there are no crickets.
    Sorry for the stupid question but what is the easiest way to post pics that start at about 8mp from the phone.Resizing can be a pain.
    I obviously need to whittle that down a bit. Thanks for letting me on guys. I opened her up just today and reseated some ribbon cables, squirted some juice and it ran most of the day with no shutdown. I quit while I was ahead.
    Thanks again.

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    I'm so confused
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • niles300z
    Options
    It's my fault. What can I clear up.