Polk RT12/PSW150/CS225/LS f/x surround sound speaker system

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
Complete Polk Audio home theater system located in Harrisburg, PA. The speakers are in great condition. In addition to the attached photo below you can also see the speakers in the System Showcase:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=1054

Polk Audio RT12 floor standing speakers
Polk Audio CS225 center channel
Polk Audio LS f/x surround speakers
Polk Audio PSW150 subwoofer

$750 obo

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Aaron
Post edited by Aaron on

Comments

• Aaron
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Price reduced: $675 obo
  • drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    edited January 2010
    Options
    would you be interested in just selling the LS f/x?
  • Aaron
    edited January 2010
    Options
    At the moment, no. If I can find buyers for the mains and sub, then I would be willing to sell these separate. I've actually had several inquires for these speakers.
  • drselect
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was hoping to finally get around to finishing my HT speaker system. I currently have Polk Audio RT16 for mains, a Polk Audio CS350 center channel, the Polk Audio LS f/x for surround speakers and a CS150 siting in the closet. I looking for another set of LS f/x and a subwoofer. I had specd the PSW303, PSW404 and the PSW505. I have looked but really don't have a good feel for how the Polk Audio PSW150 compares to those subwoofers. Do you have any idea how the compare? I wouldn't mind (really like to have) the RT12 for another room but really don't need the CS225 And I think with the shipping I would blow my budget.
  • Aaron
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not familiar with those Polk subs, but the PSW150 was the top-of-the-line model in its day. It sold for $600. The thing that has always impressed me about this sub is how tight the bass is, especially when used with a good interconnect. It's very musical and easy to blend with your mains. It has line-level and speaker-level adjustments. A 180-degree phase dial (not just a 0/180 toggle). Below is a link to the detailed specs, as well as some customer reviews, on the Polk site.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/recent/psw150/

If you're interested in everything except the CS225, I'm willing to break up the set. Where do you live, by the way?
  • drselect
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I live in Arkansas.
    I had taken the time to read the Polk site and the lit on the psw150 but that is also were I came up with the recommendation for the PSW303,404or505 when I completed the "What sub is right for you questions. I am really don't have a refined ear but would like a polk subwoofer that enhances the RT16's and addes to mostly my movie watching experience. I am interested in everything but the cs225 but would need to check some shipping. Do you have original boxes and I could get weight off the web site but do you have them by chance?
  • drselect
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have checked into shipping cost and I am still interestd in everything but the CS225.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That PSW150 is a badass sub... I still have it from new more than 10 years later.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Aaron
    edited February 2010
    Options
    drselect wrote: »
    I have checked into shipping cost and I am still interestd in everything but the CS225.
    I just PM-ed you!
  • Wendelman
    Wendelman Posts: 38
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hey, still have the cs225? and do you have the driver specs for that? I cant find them anywhere!
    Thanks
    -Wendel

ManCave Setup
    50in Pan S2 Plasma, Yamaha A-2010, XBOX 360 Elite, LG BD590, Motorola DCX 3400 M
    Mains: RT2000P, Center: CS400i Surr: LS f/x, R Surr RT7, Sub(s): PSW300, Energy ESW-C8 (switched and hidden inside sectional), 2 Aura Bass Shakers <-- Adcom 150w Subwoofer amp
  • Aaron
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wendelman wrote: »
    Hey, still have the cs225? and do you have the driver specs for that? I cant find them anywhere!
    Thanks

Yes, but since the other speakers didn't sell individually I don't want to break the seat apart.