war is hell....

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Uncle Sam is sending me to a conference in, get this, Key West next week. Cool, huh?

Yes, the list is long and distinguished...

Papa Hemmingway
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2001
    Why in aviation when two planes ALMOST collide, it is referred to as a 'near miss'?

Shouldn't it be a 'near hit'?

The way I see it, a 'near miss' IS A HIT. They NEARLY missed each other.

Whats up with that?

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    You feel'in ok there big R?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2001
    BUT I did find one of those $100 bills that your wife collects. I had the envelope and all made out to you and my wife came in.

Turns out she collects them too. She looked closely at it, and told me it was a serial number she didn't have, and asked to keep it. I had to give in, but I made her promise that if I do find one with a serial number she DOESN'T already have, its yours.

Cheers,
    Russ

From here on out, I want you all's help here, its a 'near hit'
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2001
    I ordered a 100 lb. sack of 100 dollar bills. Unfortunately, they sent me 2-50 lb. sacks, so I had to send them back. Major bummer....

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2001
    Troy,

Life just sucks that way somtimes. Try to keep your chin up.

Russ,

Not being entirely sure what made you think of this, I have to agree with you.
    I don't feel there is such a thing as a "near miss".
    A miss is a miss. A hit is a hit. If two objects come nowhere near each other, they miss. This is a "miss". If two objects come close to hitting, they nearly hit. This is a "near hit". If two objects come close to missing, they must have hit. This is a "hit".

Wes,

I wish I had your bum luck.