Copperheads

I-SIG
I-SIG Posts: 2,238
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Well, I'll prelude this by saying that one can believe what one wants to believe, but hearing is hearing. With that said, here's what this is really about:

I received my AudioQuest Copperhead interconnects today. Nice little things. Found a good deal on eBay so I grabbed them real quick. I had been looking at these anyway. Suprisingly stiff, but I guess with solids conductors, that should be expected. Swapped them out real quick, all with the grain running in the proper direction.

What did I hear? I know that's what everybody is wanting to know. The first thing I noticed is that the stereo separation between the channels is much improved. It was immediately obvious where instruments were coming from, much more distinguishable. The next thing that I noticed was the much less harsh high end. Cymbols were really smooth and they rang out and lingered more, almost as if you were playing around with a drum set, they just hung in the air like they should. The guitars seemed (this is for you, George) "more from the amp." They were truer sounding. The bass seems to have a slight amount more detail.

I'll post more this weekend when I gain some more listening time. I'll post a review of the speaker cables that I'm getting that Mike is currently terminating. Can't wait.

Wes

P.S.-> Let the flaming begin!
Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    I can hear differences in speaker cable/wire, so you're not alone. Out of curiousity, and because I'm too lazy to look, how much do the Copperheads run?

Aaron
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited October 2001
    Hey Wes,
    Sounds good, what speaker cables did you get? Email me, I've got some good stuff to tell ya.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • I-SIG
    edited October 2001
    The increased stereo imaging is there big time. While listening to the Jurrasic Park CD, I was able to much more accurately place where various groups of instruments wre located. Have never been able to that well with orchestral pieces. Also, the highs are much smoother, but how much? Brass instruments have much less harshness than before.

Can't wait for the CV-4's!

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Do you think the recording quality on the Jurassic Park CD is as horrendous as I do?

Aaron
  • I-SIG
    edited October 2001
    Aaron,

At Audio Advisor.com, 1M pair is $50. You pay that for a lesser cable at BB or CC.

I think the recording quality is okay on JP. Could be better, but it isn't horrendous. I heard the conductor tapping his baton today while listening to track 4. Never noticed it before. I swear I've heard some kind of swishing sound at very short intervals. The best I can come up with is that it was the papers they flipped off their music stand.

It's definitely better than Ten, by PJ or any of their official bootlegs. Honestly, I have never really listened to a CD that was supposedly recorded in some super-duper studio somewhere. I just try to listen carefully and see what I hear.

I'm kinda weird in the fact that I have no musical talent, but I can hear when music is off pitch, out of tune, in the wrong tuning, out of rhythm, etc. I can't keep a beat to save my life or carry a tune, but I can tell in about half a second when someone else is out of tune, etc. I kinda wonder, if with a little instruction, I might have perfect pitch or something similar.

Wes

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited October 2001
    You mean we're NOT all nuts?
    (As some would want others to believe.)
  • I-SIG
    edited October 2001
    Never thought you were nuts, Bob, at least not about audio! I've always believed that higher end speaker wire would bring benefits for the increased quality of materials, regardless of any other design criteria. If the design of the wire gains something, then that is bonus in my book.

Wes

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Hey guys
    I have two pairs of brand new MC M series speakers cables (15ft)that I posted here in the forum, I will offer them at 45% off wthat BB and CC sell them for.:)