2 10" L7 vs. 2 12" CVX

bassettdm
bassettdm Posts: 2
edited June 2009 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have a 96 convertable camaro so my trunk space is limited and cannot fit a vented box for the CVX's so i was wondering which would be better to go with..2 10" L7's in a vented box or 2 12" CVX's in a sealed box
Post edited by bassettdm on

Comments

• cadenceclipse
    cadenceclipse Posts: 459
    edited June 2009
    duh? 2 sealed 12 MMs or 1 sealed 12 SR.
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • shanec
    shanec Posts: 4
    edited June 2009
    I don't know why anybody puts 2 subs in a car. One sub with enough power behind it (bridge the amp) is more than sufficient for an automobile.

Sure, if you're doing competitions and are into SPL measurements at levels which no human should be sitting in the car, it may be different.
  • cadenceclipse
    edited June 2009
    double duh? i have a feeling theres a lot more u don't know
    Polk MM6501 kick panels, Eclipse cd7200mkll and SW9122 Bomb Box, Cadence A4, A7, CAP5, JL8W3V3
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2009
    shanec wrote: »
    I don't know why anybody puts 2 subs in a car. One sub with enough power behind it (bridge the amp) is more than sufficient for an automobile.

Sure, if you're doing competitions and are into SPL measurements at levels which no human should be sitting in the car, it may be different.

blanket statement ftw!
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bassettdm
    bassettdm Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    wow thanks for being absolutely no help everyone
  • cadenceclipse
    edited June 2009
    bassettdm wrote: »

haha:p

what do u want man? help yourself. where u gettin em from best buy? cant u ask 1 of them? maybe take a listen. i'm sure preference must come into play somewhere here. i'm sure cvxs will still pound w/out port, if u can't risk it port the l7s. this IS a polk site ya know. besides a couple amps, there ain't all THAT much kicker advice round these parts, though guess i can't think of much better forums. doesn't kicker have 1? the $$ u could spend on either them 2 plus the box u can get an SR and b set, or even 2 MMs and have enough left over for box, wiring, dynamat and more..
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2009
    bassettdm wrote: »

thanks for providing no information other than which is better? How are we supposed to know what you like? You didnt even offer up as to what kind of music you listen to or what kind of air space you have. Needless to say you go to a polk forum for kicker products...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it