LSiC

Options
gtvoum
gtvoum Posts: 1
edited March 2003 in Troubleshooting
I just picked up the LSiC center speakers... The back of the unit has a jumper that allowes both speakers to function at the same time with one connection.. however, it seams as though only one of the drivers is working.... any help?
Post edited by gtvoum on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2003
    Options
    One of the drivers is for lower frequencies and may be a little bit harder to hear, the other is for mid-range frequencies. I'm assuming that you found the problem by putting your ear up really close to both drivers?

Try removing the screws and checking the driver to make sure that it is hooked up. If so, try pulling the crossover/binding post unit from the rear and make sure that the driver is connected on that end.

How do you have it wired?

If all else fails (including Frank's recommendation below) call Polk customer service or take it back. :)
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Options
    You don't need to take it apart, the Lsic as well as the rest of the Lsi line up use a cascading crossover. Sounds like the speaker is functioning properly. Keep in mind that the crossover in the center speaker is completely different fron the rest of the Lsi's.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2003
    Options
    How can the speaker be functioning properly if only one driver is working?
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by gtvoum
    it seams as though only one of the drivers is working.... any help?

Try using a variety of source material before you start taking the speakers apart.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Sounds like one of those 2 1/2 way speakers.

Xover is set funky. Probably something like this that I saw on some Paradigms.

Tweeter : 2K - 20K
    Mid-Range: 2K-30Hz
    Bass Driver: 400Hz-30Hz

Hope this helps.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....