Raising my sub off the floor really helped...

Options
NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
sub is a VMPS larger with mega woofers..feels good that even over 50 I can lift and move this lil beast..:)..taking it off the floor greatly lessen the subs inter action with my room...it greatly improved the lows all round, much cleaner and more thump then boom, greatly reduced the thumping through out the house..ours was built when rooms were small and there are small halls thru out ..at times it felt like the entire house turned into a giant woofer....probably did in a way...raised my VMPS about 2 1/2 feet off the floor and its sitting on a Gamma, which I found also reduced alot of the small hall reverb..had to turn the gain up a bit but its a change that actually worked out for the better.....amazing how sometimes the best tweeks are free and so simple..guess one needs to always be open minded in this area ...as I have also tried many that I never heard a difference with... having a full carpet, full floor to ceiling curtins along one side long wall, lots of plants and 2 sofas I am trying to tweek the best sound before adding any acoustic panels..will probably just put two behind the fronts....
Post edited by NotaSuv on

Comments