Pioneer Elite VSX-52 A/V Stereo Receiver

Options
vijayl
vijayl Posts: 258
edited June 2009 in Electronics
Just scored a Pioneer Elite VSX-52 A/V Stereo Receiver. This is NOT VSX-52TX Its made in Japan, but 120V AC input @ 60Hz. That makes me think it is released in US.
It didn't have the remote or the Manual. I searched CP as well googled to find more info but no luck.
Pics attached..

Initial Review:
Playing with it couple of hours now and it sounds awesome:cool: Clarity is excellent. Power is great!! Its driving my Monitor 50s to the limits. The Bass is excellent with tight punch..

:confused:Questions:
Does any CP member has the same receiver? If u do have manual, wud u kindly share it with me?
Any ideas to get a Remote or a work around w/ generic remotes?
At the back of the receiver, it is mentioned as 240W. Does it mean it is 120wpc? Peak or continuous?

Living Room: 7.3: Samsung - LN52A750, Pioneer Elite SC07
, logitech 880
Def Tech Mythos ST :D Fronts, Def Tech Mythos 10 Center, Def Tech BP-30 Surr, Def Tech Mythos GemXL SurrBack, MartinLogan Dynamo
2Ch: Carver TL-3200 CD player, Carver CT-17 pre, Carver TFM-45 amp driving SDA-1C
Bed Room: Pioneer Elite VSX-52 , Monitor 50

Storage-RTi8,CSi5,PSW505,Monitor50
Post edited by vijayl on

Comments

• Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a VSX-52TXi which is a much newer receiver and the manual is completely useless for your unit. Go to Harmony's website and see if one of their remotes might hook up with this unit. The 240W on the back is related to overall power consumption NOT power output. Good luck.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • vijayl
    vijayl Posts: 258
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks Fong...

Living Room: 7.3: Samsung - LN52A750, Pioneer Elite SC07
    , logitech 880
    Def Tech Mythos ST :D Fronts, Def Tech Mythos 10 Center, Def Tech BP-30 Surr, Def Tech Mythos GemXL SurrBack, MartinLogan Dynamo
    2Ch: Carver TL-3200 CD player, Carver CT-17 pre, Carver TFM-45 amp driving SDA-1C
    Bed Room: Pioneer Elite VSX-52 , Monitor 50

Storage-RTi8,CSi5,PSW505,Monitor50
  • chipp
    chipp Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hello,

I own a VSX-52. I am moving and looking to sell my system. May I ask what you paid for your receiver to get an idea of what I might list mine for? I will look for the manual. I have the remote. Harmony site should have the remote codes. If not I presumably could upload them. Please let me know if that would help and what you paid.
    Thanks, Chipp