RT 25i inquiry

Options
PETERNG
PETERNG Posts: 918
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Anyone use the above speakers for rear channels? Please share your experience. I plan to repalce my existing Polk RT/FX speakers by these little burgers. appreciate any advice... Thanx
RT55 front
CS350 LS center
RT/RX rear
AR 115s sub(LFE)
Yamaha SW200 sub(rear)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Don't be cheap, Peter! Get the RT35i's! Besides, they have the same 6.5" driver as your RT55's.

Aaron
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I want to... I really want to... I may have to replace two bedroom lights if I go with the RT35i, but what the heck, I probably will...do it.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Peter,

I use the RT25i's for my surrounds, matched with RT55's and a CS400. I have them set to large and they work great.

Due to the small size of my HT room I went with the 25's as the 35's were too heavy to wall mount. The differences are small between the two. Besides gaining an extra 11 Hz in the lower frequency range and the capacity to handle and additional 25watts of power that's about it. If it is important, go for it. If not save the cash.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I use the RT25i's for rear surrounds (2nd set).
    My system has SRS-SDA 3.1TL's as mains, CS400 as center, FX500 as side surrounds and RT25i's as rear surrounds with a PSW650 for bass. I set all speakers to small except the 3.1TL's.
    The subwoofer handles all the LFE stuff plus the mains (extra bass). I protect the LFE only signal from the Front speakers.
    I don't like the idea of sending explosions to my 3.1TL's unnecessarily.

The RT25i's do a fabulous job for rears.
    Honestly, that 2nd set of surround channels isn't all that important. I prefer the RT25i to the 35 for this application.
    All you are really doing is filling out the rear of the room with "stuff" for a listener-enveloped sensation.