Brandnamez.com ???

Options
steve abbott
steve abbott Posts: 8
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I noticed that Brandnamez.com has new RT800i's for $275 each. Crutchfield has them for $699 a pair (and that is $100 off normal pricing).

Anyone dealt with Brandnamez before? If so, what kind of experience did you have? Thanks.

Steve
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Options
    They are not Polk authorized dealer, that what I understand...
  • steve abbott
    edited October 2001
    Options
    What are the ramifications of buying from a "non-authorized" dealer?
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I don't think Polk has to honor your warranty since you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer.

Aaron
  • PETERNG
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I do not know for sure, one thing you need to clarify with the folks here @ Polk, and they may carry the store warranty but not Polk warranty. I know I will not buy any Polk products without Polk warranty.
  • Aaron
    edited October 2001
    Options
    but knowing Polk's stellar customer serivce, they'd probably honor the warranty anyway!

Aaron
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Bought my CS400I there...Shipped on Time. Good prices and no defects that I can tell. Only problem I had was the fact that it was shipped in Factory Boxing...NOT double boxed...Just a shipping form and tracking number on it...But overall I am happey with them.
  • kn505
    kn505 Posts: 380
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Hey Micah, can you give us your honest thought on the warranty issue?
  • eaadams
    eaadams Posts: 213
    edited October 2001
    Options
  • steve abbott
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Paul,

Assuming one is successful in purchasing from Brandnamez, what is Polk's stance on honoring the warranty for equipment purchased from them? Thanks.

Steve
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ..those of us who have dealt with Polk customer service are absolutely in AWE. Hands down, the greatest customer service I have ever dealt with, even better than LL Bean.

Paul,
    Micah and Ken Swauger, I don't know what you are paying these guys but it isn't nearly enough. Although Micah does seem to have a lot of free time on his hands.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Well, I was just trying to help Micah out, you know, he did walk out with those RT55i's stuffed down his trousers. Apparently, there is plenty of room.

When you finally can his ****, let me know when you start taking resumes for a replacement.

Troy
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    Options
    So if a speaker shows up on my doorstep and it's driver doesn't work then you'll fix it.

If a speaker shows up on my door and has a crack in the cabinet then you can't fix it.

Sound fair.
  • kn505
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I just wonder where and how brandnamez get polks speakers?
  • steve abbott
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Paul - thanks for the response. Pretty much what I expected. I have owned Polk home speakers exclusively for just over 21 years and have been more than happy with customer service (and the speakers :) ).

kn505 - that was my next question...

Steve
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    If the same scenario occured and it was Crutchfield that you purchased them from, you would call Crutchfield not Polk, no? If something shows up on my doorstep and it isn't up to snuff, I go to the vendor I bought it from.

I'll tell everyone a little about Polk customer service, I have a pair of RT7's that my best friend gave to me. He bought them brand new in 1996. So I am not the original owner and I believe would be out of warranty anyway. Well, one of the drivers froze up. So, I called Polk up and no questions asked, sent me a brand new driver, free of charge. I dare anyone to find a company that would do the same thing. Props to Ken Swauger. I am sure that there are lot of folks on this forum that can give similar stories.

Troy
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2001
    Options
    "Although Micah does seem to have a lot of free time on his hands"

That is not the only thing Micah has on his hands!
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ...I think Micah deserves a break, we have been working him like a part time job here lately. Maybe we could all chip in and get him a lap dance at John Strong's place of employment.

Troy
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Damn that was harsh! Pretty funny though. Between Micah's nudity fetish and mullet, we have plenty of ammo to keep Micah busy!

BTW, I drove by ASE yesterday. Our linemen do fine work, eh? Sorry I didn't have time to stop in.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I don't get it, if they (brandmanez) gets them from polk dealers like Polk Paul suggests then how can they offer them at such low prices?
  • kn505
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I was trying to negotiate a deal with one of the near-by dealer. He told me that he can't reduce from the MSRP. If he does and Polk find out, his contract with Polk is over.
  • PETERNG
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I know everyone is looking for a good deal, me too, but I never feel comfortable buying Polk products form an unauthorized dealers, especially when things went wrong and **** hit the fence, we will realize the amount of savings didn’t worth "jack" in compare to the troubles and inconveniences you have to suffer. Let's support Polk by buying their new products through Polk's authorized dealers.
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Is Polk gonna support me by making the prices reasonable? :)
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Relatively speaking, I thing Polk's prices are very, very good. I think that in that price range, what are your choices? My personal opinion is that the only company that offers competitive pricing and quality (just my opinion here) is Paradigm. Boston Acoustics, maybe and if you like horns, I guess Klipsch. JBL, Infinity, CV, AR...nope, I don't think so.

My personal opinion is that Polk makes speakers that can compete with products that are much more expensive...

Troy
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    Options
    So if a speaker shows up on my doorstep and it's driver doesn't work then you'll fix it.

If a speaker shows up on my door and has a crack in the cabinet then you can't fix it.

Sound fair.
  • Aaron
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Since no one addressed this question the first time you asked it, I'll catch it this time around. Polk is responsible for manufacturing defects. If Polk ships a speaker to a distributor or dealer and there's a problem during shipping, then they will take care of it. They are not responsible for the third party transition. That's where the dealer/distributor is supposed to pick up the slack. They'll likely have to deal with the shipper (UPS, FedEx, etc). Think about it. You produce a product and send it to someone to sell it. Then they send it to the person they sold it to, and it gets damaged during shipping. How is that your fault, and why should you pay for it?

Aaron
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I thought that I had.....
  • Aaron
    edited October 2001
    Options
    My bad then. I didn't recall anyone responding. Oh, well. Maybe it will sink in the second time?

Aaron
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    Options
    now I get it.

How does polk decide if they'll send a driver or tweeter to fix a speaker?
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    just hackin' on ya.....

I certainly don't have your eloquence, however...

eaadams,

If it isn't working, they will send you one. Pretty much the way that I look at it is this, if I get a speaker and it is damaged or otherwise not working upon arrival, I send it back and deal with the vendor. If a driver were to stop working after that, I would call Polk. Trust me, Polk customer service is second to none. If you have a problem, they will fix it. Period.

Troy