Ok, What is going on with prices?

eaadams
eaadams Posts: 213
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Crutchfield now has the 55i for $400~!!!! WHAT?! Is the 55i being discontinued for the LSi's? Why so cheap? At that price, if I could get a single one that would be $200 for the equivilant of a CS400i

I'm confused?

Any hope of the polk $250 rebates coming back?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    I'd have to go back a bit on this one too but Micah gave us the scoop on that too. The short is that the 55i's are not being discontinued (at that time anyway).....

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    well something is going on and we are being kept in the dark!
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited October 2001
    cc has them for 224.96. The .96 is a special code for "going out of porgram". that's pretty strong evidense that something is changing. Is it just that it's going to be limited to certain dealors?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    OK, so I haven't figured out the quote feature and this early in the morning, I am not going to try. I told you guys that mullet-boy gave us the quasi-official scoop in a previous post, so I went back and found it....here it is

"unofficial word on RTi, etc
    RTi is not being discontinued. It is not being replaced by LSi.

Every so often in the life of a product, we will make (small) changes, either cosmetically or technically. You benefit, because retailers will usually lower the price (not always a good indicator that change is coming, but sometimes...) and make the current product an even better value. There is absolutely nothing "wrong" with current RTi product. In fact, if I were you, I'd be leaping to grab some of these great deals on the stuff. They are great speakers (I love my RT55i's). And they are not going away. "

Seek and ye SHALL find...

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    There are no price drop on any other RT bookshelf speakers except the RT55i, I remember Polk did the same with the original RT55, I don’t think the RT55i will go away, I think Polk will replace them with the new improved version. I guess we just have to wait and see…
  • PETERNG
    edited October 2001
    well I check prices on Crutchfield this morning and you know what? they drop prices on all of Polk RT speakers... It's time to buy...
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    hm... why is polk not telling us what they are doing? They are upto something and all are acting verry *corperate*

Bah to you!
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2001
    "Corporate"? Look at us, we're FREAKS!

We're not up to anything, you sneaks, but desperately trying to roll out the new products and produce the next newspaper and redesign the full line lit and fix the manuals that were supposed to be checked by engineering types and were NOT and start up some promos to help us gain more market share and... Matt's supposed to get back to me with his newspaper article and he's in CHINA for a week, for goodness sake. Paul's freaking article is 4000 words long, I gotta cut over half of it -- all the verbs I guess. I still got nothing from Rob on the GNX Subs for the paper, but I gotta give him a pass and write it myself (since he sported me a great insurance receipt when my car was stolen recently).

Corporate?! I got my shoes off, music blasting, lights out, typing furiously, wearing a tu-tu!

Corporate my foot.

How can I help you?

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    wow I seem to have hit a sore spot

sorry
  • PETERNG
    edited October 2001
    Hey man, I’m cool… LSi or not, it’s time to buy the RT, you can not go wrong with the RT for your second room set up. Great speakers, good price and second to none service (both manufacturer and seller), I’m sold for a new pair of RT speaker, someone need to help me to make a choice between the 25i and 35i (using as rear speakers).:) :D:p
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    Now we just have to get on those CS prices!
  • PETERNG
    edited October 2001
    what are the CS prices?
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    CS400i $400 for 1 center
    RT55i $400 for 2
  • kn505
    kn505 Posts: 380
    edited October 2001
    The good prices would be:
    $250 for CS400
    $400 for RT55
    and a free sub
  • eaadams
    edited October 2001
    Yea if the 400i was reasonable I'd jump all over this deal.

Too bad Crutchfield doesn't carry Maple anymore.