Phanton Menance DVD

jdelan
jdelan Posts: 244
edited October 2001 in Music & Movies
Watched it last night...Good stuff on it. But did you expect anyting less? I am disappointed that there is not DTS track. And the fact that they Left Jar-jar in it. Oh well...Guess I am gonna have to wait for the super duper boxed set and hopefully they will leave Jar-Jar out...

Course no sense Recommending it, caus eyou are all gonna get it anyway...And you gotta love how BUY.com ships stuff out and you get it before it's supposed to be available...Way to go buy.com!
Post edited by jdelan on

Comments

• mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited October 2001
    ...that's probably why there's no DTS track on there.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2001
    Not to get Micah all riled up, but here goes:

Phantom Menace:

BLAH
    ECK
    UG

What a waste of film, nothing NEAR the orig......

NASTY, GROSS, STUPID, ****

Russ3po
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2001
    DUDES! I just won an eBay auction for the set of the original non-SE trilogy on widescreen THX VHS (I know -- boo hiss!) for just $25 (incl shipping).

Forget TPM. I got STAR WARS!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    I found my long-lost S-VHS version of "Indiana Jones: The last Crusade" in my closet last week, pop it in the JVC-HRS9900, it's work like a champ, video transfer was better than laser disc version, and the dolby surround sound works @ its best... Anyone else has one of this? cool...:)
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2001
    I ordered the Phantom Menace this evening. I'm a die-hard Star Wars fan, so I have to support the cause in hopes that Episode II will be good. (How's that rationale?) I'm really looking forward to giving my system a long overdue workout this weekend!

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    I'm with you Aaron. Not near as good as IV, V and VI, but still enjoyable.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2001
    jdelan
    Who!!!!!!!!!!!!What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When!!!!!!!!!!!buy where . com! You freaking got Phantom Menance a week early. You got to be jokeing ---right. If I could get DVD's a week early I would be $$$$$$$$$$rich. A day or two I have stumbled upon. Ordering by mail and getting it a week early that's unheard of.:rolleyes:
    Next time you get this opp. fell me in. LATER
  • scottvamp
    edited October 2001
    jdelan,
    Just got back from buy.com, seems like a good site. But the release date for Phantom Menance is 10/16/01 like the rest of the United States. They are not even shipping yet, still taking pre-orders. You must be talking about getting an 8-track (I mean VHS) or the Japanese bootleg version on DVD. Beside such a big release, it is Lucas man - nothing gets past his $ grubbing hands. Nice try though. Getting my undies out of a knot, scottvamp.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2001
    I was reading in U.S. NEWS last night that a large number of Britons put wrote Jedi Knight in as their religious preference on the census. So many that they are updating their system to include it. And you thought Lucas was big headed before?

Personally I liked TPM. It wasn't nearly as good as STAR WARS or EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, but I thought it was better than RETURN OF THE JEDI. I too hate Jar-Jar, but I also hate the Ewoks.

I heard that somewhere on the WEB there is an unauthorized NO Jar-Jar version. Anybody know where? I also heard Lucas was pissed, so it might be gone.

After they are all out I wanna try some fancy editting and hopefully end up with a single 6 hr. movie.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    I picked up a copy Espisode I today, @$17, it's a bargain (ticket) to see the Ben Hur's style of roman stadium racing. Cool...
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited October 2001
    Hey Scott
    I got it Friday...I also got Godfather the Friday before release...
    Buy.com ships it out from their Warehouse a few days before it goes on sale so that most buyers get it on time. The kicker is BUY.COM has a warehouse close by and it takes only 1 day via USPS to get here.

No I am not lying...
    if you live in the DC area, Pre order a DVD and see when you get it...
    And maybe you should get your panties in a bunch...But it's only a movie...
  • scottvamp
    edited October 2001
    jdelan,
    just kidding with ya---That is really cool for big releases though---I am just jelous! Later, Scottvamp