Ceremony at Pentagon:

Options
sgtgto
sgtgto Posts: 310
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Hi:

I watched some of the memorial service at the Pentagon today, and my heart was touched when I saw President Bush and his wife on stage. I thought, how glad I am that we finally have someone in the White House with some class and morals.

God certainly knew what he was doing when he kept Gore-boy out of the White House.

The battle is the Lord's, evil will not prevail!!!!!

Gary
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ....amen, Gary, amen.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Errr...I guess that is one view of the election...

And dont degrade the tribute to the Fallen at the Pentagon by Dragging personal Bias against someone of a Different Party. Kinda negates the Whole United We Stand anthem...

Very Poor Taste...VERY poor.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    While I will reserve judgement on the personal characteristics of the previous administration, I would like to make a comment on the action (or lack thereof) of the previous administration.

These same people who commited the heinous acts of 11 September were the same **** who killed 17 of my uniformed brothers aboard the USS Cole and who killed more on the attacks of the US embassies in Africa. What was done about that? NOTHING, nada, zip. That I find personally offensive. I find that the lack of concern and action by the previous administration decidedly un-American.

Personally, I am proud of our President. I think he has done a fantastic job and showed himself to be a true leader. Above all, he makes me proud to be an American and he has made us believe again that we should be proud to be who we are.

Troy
  • jdelan
    edited October 2001
    Options
    So attacking targets in Afganistan and Sudan is nothing? Yes it was a Henious crime but Anyone knows if Clinton went in full force he would have be blasted...
    Yes it's a shame it happened but to bring politics and personal judgements into a post about a CEREMONY is basically pissing on the memories of the persons the Ceremony is about.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Again, I am not attacking the character of the previous administration nor saying anything about the ceremony.

Clinton would have been blasted by who? Sometimes, doing the right thing is not always the popular thing. If we allow these scumbags to terrorize us and we stick our heads in the sand and hope they go away, well we have seen what happens.

No, bombing anyone is not a desireable thing, I wear the uniform and I certainly don't want to have to leave my family and go someplace far away BUT sometimes it is neccessary. Also, make no mistake, our forces put themselves in harms way to ensure we take all precautions to prevent civilian casualties but war is not a perfect situation. I agree with the sentiment of Gen William T. Sherman who essentially said that war is a last resort but when you wage war, make the enemy so sick of it that they will have no will or means to continue.

Pissing on the memory of the fallen is erecting some sort of memorial and letting the low-live perpetrators continue on with thier lives essentially unmolested.

jdelan, I respect your opinion, my friend, I just happen to disagree.

Troy
  • jdelan
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Oh, I am not attacking you, I just felt it was in bad taste to post about how touching the Ceremony was then Blasting the prior President/Democratic party.(****Added*** Not what you said but the original poster)

And I understand about the Uniform, I was in the Army for 5 years until Medical problems forced me out. And yes Clinton should have bombed the hell out of them, but look at what he did do, He bombed them some and then the Republicans used it as a forum to state he only did it to chage the news from His Impeachment talk and the Monica talk to the Bombing/missle talk.
    He did what we could with his hands tied. Would I want to see more? Hell yeah, Just like I wish Bush would have taken out Iraq/Saddam but he didn't...
  • TroyD
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Here is where I see the hitch.....the previous administration DID put troops on the ground in Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, back and forth 3 times to SW Asia over the UN Inspection teams. Now, I will not question the motives behind or neccessity of these operations. What I will question is the lack of response to acts of terrorism against Americans (African embassy bombings, Khobar Towers, USS Cole). That is what I find offensive. Essentially what that says to me is that if you are an American in uniform, you are expendable. To me, the lack of response, for whatever reason, is a disgrace to those who lost thier lives in those events. I also, agree that it is a good thing for our President to say to those left behind that we will mourn our losses but we will hold accountable those responsible....

No, I never took it as a personal attack nor meant one by it and certainly don't expect people to agree with me. I also applaud your service to your country and hope all is well.

Troy
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2001
    Options
    ...THANK GOD 'Duh' Gore isn't in office...

A lesson to be learned here, EVERY vote counts....who knew THIS was coming....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    Options
    What I am constantly thankful for and thinking about is the fact that while I am at home, with my family, playing with my daughter, tinkering with my HT, there are men and women out there who are risking there lives for me, so I can do the above.

There is no way I could ever due or say enough to thank these men and women for their sacrifice.

Gods Speed to all :D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Options
    well said Ron...:)