Sub box question

J DAMAGE
J DAMAGE Posts: 6
edited February 2009 in Custom Fabrication
Ok, I have a couple of different box lay-outs, don't have much room being the install is going into a C1500 p/u standard cab, the box is being made out of 5/8 mdf, sealed and i'm installing 2-mm1040 10" subs, polk recommends 0.66 cubic feet, so what should I make my cubic feet for the space used by the speaker it self. any one.
Post edited by J DAMAGE on

Comments

• Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited February 2009
    Make it 0.66, that magic number includes driver displacement.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited February 2009
    You're pretty much stuck with a wedge shape that will fit behind the seat. You just need to make sure it's deep enough to accommodate the depth of the subs. Is that .66 cf per sub or for both?
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • J DAMAGE
    edited February 2009
    TNRabbit, .66 per sub, i just wasn't sure if the numbers polk gave was with speaker displacement, or not.
  • J DAMAGE
    edited February 2009
    Grimster, thanks for the reply.
  • J DAMAGE
    edited February 2009
    Ok, being i'm stuck for room, what is my best choice, 1-wedge type box, 2-retangular type box, 2-mm1040 are going in, 5/8 mdf is being used, my internal vb is going to be 0.66 for each enclosure. Wedge type puts the speaker grills against the seat,Rectangular only lets the top edge of the grills touching the seat and giving more room for the rest of the speakers, and last does it make a difference if the back of the speakers clear by a 1/4 in