buzzing surround speakers

klynn222
klynn222 Posts: 1
edited February 2003 in Troubleshooting
How do you get rid of the low buzzing from the L/R surround speakers? I can only slightly hear it but it irritates me please help.:p
klynn
Post edited by klynn222 on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited February 2003
    unhook them...take them down...take a hammer...beat them in...throw them away...
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Well that helped...

Any chance you might be picking up some interference from a power cord that your speaker wire is laying on? Are any of your components plugged into a circuit that also provides power to any type of lighting via a dimmer switch?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Dimmer switch is a new one on me. Frank maybe after klynn's problem is solved you can "enlighten" me (pun intended).

Flynn,
    In addition to Frank's items, if you're running separates or external amp on your receiver, try making and breaking the RCA interconnects. Sometimes a weak or dirty connection induces a little noise, even at idle. Possible similar problem with your speaker connects, but less likely.

Sid, FWIW, I was going to say something about bees.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    hey....my method would work. no?
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2003
    No moron, it wouldn't.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    It wouldnt Buzz no more, more the less....it wouldnt make a sound at all.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2003
    w/e

neways......LOL LOL
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2003
    Tour,
    I asked about dimmers to find out if he might have any on the same circuit that could cause noise in his system. I have a dedicated circuit for all of my gear and have never had this problem, but I have read posts on other forums where the culprit has been dimmers on the same circuit as the electronics of an HT set up. I would assume that this would be more of a problem in older areas that do not have "clean" power. A power conditioner may be in order if the noise in his speakers is traced back to his electrical service.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: LOL! LOL! RUSS! what has crawled up your butt and bit you in the nuts? no one on this entire forum can take a joke its like being in a room with a bunch of people that only laugh at how their toes move when they walk!.....................LOL! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!.........LOL!!!!!!!...........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!...........LOL!!!!!!!!!!...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......the not so funny, the not even humorous MX is out of this post too...LOL!!!!.......newayz.....back to reality. *Today in the complete non-funny or happy world. Russ will commence his non-happy rights movement across the US. According to these rights, anyone that joins can not laugh or be happy. Therefore in doing so the world shall be boreing as to acclaim what Russ feels on how I or no one can Laugh or be happy.*......NEWAYZ......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

by the way russ.....it would b.....
    N-E-W-A-Y-Z....gotta remember da Z man! DA Z!!...
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: LOL! LOL! RUSS! what has crawled up your butt and bit you in the nuts?

:lol:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2003
    I'm all for a good laugh, let me know when you actually say something funny.

Newbie says 'My speakers are buzzing'

Mx replys 'Take them down, hit em' with a hammer, throw them away'

Where's the humor? Now if he had said they were Bose speakers, or that he hated his rear speakers, I can sorta see how that MIGHT be funny. Or, maybe if you actually gave a *solution* after the slew of comedy. Not to mention it's the dudes FIRST post here.

And just so you know, nuts are not typically located IN someones butt, I know it may feel like that for you, but don't fear they WILL drop one day, be patient. ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2003
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    And just so you know, nuts are not typically located IN someones butt, I know it may feel like that for you, but don't fear they WILL drop one day, be patient. ;)
    Now THAT'S FUNNY! :lol::lol::lol::lol: + 1/2
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2003
    A wise man once told me:

'Keep practicing, it's the only way to get to Carnegie Hall'
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2003
    Is this buzzing constant? Or is it only when using a particular surround mode or when listening to a certain source?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    -EDITED- BYE

I would normaly sit here and argue, but im not in the mood so i give it a huge middle finger and i say fu** it. Im too lazy to carry this useless conversation on.
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited February 2003
    -EDITED- BYE

I would normaly sit here and argue, but im not in the mood so i give it a huge middle finger and i say fu** it. Im too lazy to carry this useless conversation on.

You know Mx, the people at Polk are pretty good about giving everyone here a lot of leeway on topics and carrying on but it might be better if you don't carry on like this in the Troubleshooting area.

People post here because they're having problems with their equipment. Some people might not be too impressed if someone
    'eff'd' their questions and that looks bad for Polk's customer service. I've had nothing but good experience dealing with the support staff and the members of the board. Would hate it if newcomer came away with a bad impression of the company and Club Polk.

Damn! I'm sounding like a father. Wait a minute... I AM one! :(
    Well at least Timothy won't be lipping me off for few years yet...

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2003
    unhook them...take them down...take a hammer...beat them in...throw them away...

uhhhh..uhhhh....uhhhhhhh, settle down Beavis....

BH:rolleyes:
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    W/E...
    LOL...LOL..
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • botany
    botany Posts: 68
    edited February 2003
    Know that's what I call a comeback, I have not laughed so hard in my life "Thanks RuSsMaN"

Botany
    "And just so you know, nuts are not typically located IN someones butt, I know it may feel like that for you, but don't fear they WILL drop one day, be patient".
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Yeah russman, I know their not in ur butt - but i figured u get alot of happy time in with ur dog that they've been shoved up there, and decided just not to take a precaution....
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2003
    Yeah russman, I know their not in ur butt - but i figured u get alot of happy time in with ur dog that they've been shoved up there, and decided just not to take a precaution....

Huh? 'decided just not to take a precaution'

Still not funny, your words that is. Your posts as a whole still yield high entertainment value, though.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited February 2003
    Uh....sid? Me thinks you better tuck your tail and run back to your hole. I don't think you ought to be trying to match wits with russ.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    edited February 2003
    Posting from slow mo - keyboardin blah: Nope, I need about 90 years of that
    I promised myself
    Damn you all! - ATC