Options
2»

Comments

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1 KONG wrote: »
    I have a SRT system with all boxes and manuals and live near St Louis. 618-806-4111

Sweet...can I make payments on it for the next few years?
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have a SRT system with all boxes and manuals and live near St Louis. 618-806-4111
    I'm interested only if I can pick them up wearing my Halloween costume.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can I demo all my KISS CD's on them at 125dB? Please, pretty please with sugar on top!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mjjjhjemj
    mjjjhjemj Posts: 47
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mjjjhjemj wrote: »
    SRT System
    The ultimate audio system, flagship of the Polk Audio product line. Performance Without Limits
    The asking price for the system is $3200

This is an incredible system that I do not have the space for. This would need to be picked up or the buyer can coordinate the shipping from their end. They would need to be crate shipped. I have had the Polk SRT system for about 1/2 year. I got an incredible deal on the package and frankly for the deal I wasn't really going to worry at the time where I was going to put them or whether my wife was going to approve of them. Well it looks like I will be selling them to get something my wife approves of for the family room.

The front Left, Right, Center, both subwoofers, and the Polk SRT Controller are in very good condition and work perfectly. There are a couple minor imperfections - small piece of veneer missing but stained black and disappears, a small indentation on the side of one speaker, and lastly some of the grill tabs broke off but grills stay on nice and do not vibrate. All of these physical flaws are only visible upon very close inspection and then still are not easy to see.

The F/X Polk rear surround speakers have one tweeter in each that is not functioning that I am still looking into having repaired. Frankly the surrounds are not up to snuff with the rest of the speakers and I would invest in better surround speakers. I have posted a thread to the Troubleshooting forum for any thoughts from polk.

I have gone over the system completely and checked every driver. I had one subwoofer speaker from each of the subwoofers (there are two 12" drivers per subwoofer) sent back to Polk and were repaired. I replaced one of the center channel drivers as it had an ever so slight buzz that could not be heard from the listening position. I am a fanatic about keeping my equipment well taken care of. As I mentioned above I am looking into repairing the F/X surround speakers.

The SRT System is:
    * 7 enclosures, including: two main Front speakers, two 300 watt Powered Subwoofers, one matched Center Channel Speaker, two dipole/bipole Surround Speakers and an SRT Control Center with wireless remote.
    * 35 active drivers, 600 watts of subwoofer power
    * Polk Audio's exclusive Dynamic Balance driver technology for razor sharp inner detail and low distortion
    * Patented High Velocity Compression Drive and Power Port technologies for bass that will literally shake the ground beneath your feet
    * Patented SDA Soundstage technology for the most precise localization and most enveloping three dimensional imaging possible, it's "Virtual Reality Audio"
    * Exclusive Speed Matching technology for seamless system blending, impact and attack
    * Wireless remote SRT Control Center for precise sound adjustment with unparalleled convenience
    * Bass response down to 16Hz, 120dB SPL at 30Hz
    * Modular design allowing a wide variety of SRT Home Theater Configurations.

I also have a Parasound HCA-1206 6 channel amp that I would be willing to sell with this if someone was interested. You can google on Polk SRT and the polk site detailing the system can be easily found.

Thanks for looking,
    Mike

THe system has sold, but I do have the Parasound HCA-1206 THX 6 channel amp for sale. I would like local pickup if possible as it will be expensive to have professionally packed and shipping is quite expensive.

Mike
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have a SRT system with all boxes and manuals and live near St Louis.

Mjjjhjemuj, Sorry I missed out on your system.

Maybe I'll try to call the guy from St. Luis. Anybody have his phone number?
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Can I demo all my KISS CD's on them at 125dB? Please, pretty please with sugar on top!

With the right amp they'll handle kiss and The who at 125db :cool:.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2009
    Options
    THe system has sold, but I do have the Parasound HCA-1206 THX 6 channel amp for sale. I would like local pickup if possible as it will be expensive to have professionally packed and shipping is quite expensive.

Mike
    You need to post a price, thanks Mike.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Wow. SRT, kind of like SST--can you get supersonic sound out of those things?

They're gourgeous! Big, but beautiful. I certainly have no space for them but I bet they sound fantastic.

Why did Polk stop making designs like that, i.e, the 2001 S.O. monoliths?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • F1nut
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ESAVINON wrote: »
    With the right amp they'll handle kiss and The who at 125db :cool:.

Ed, I was just being a smarta$$. I thought everyone knew how much I hate KISS.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No Gene Simmons for you jesse? :D

I didn't know you have a sweet spot for KISS :p
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ed, I was just being a smarta$$. I thought everyone knew how much I hate KISS.

...come on F-1.... I saw you at a KISS concert with the platform boots and trying to worship at the feet of gene simmons:D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually, I told him and the rest of those no talent punks that they suck, up close and personal like.

President of Club Polk

• matt nico
    matt nico Posts: 1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    SRT System
    The ultimate audio system, flagship of the Polk Audio product line. Performance Without Limits
    The asking price for the system is $3200

Hi. Was this system sold or is it still be available?

Regards,
    Matt
  • F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Post #35
    THe system has sold

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Actually, I told him and the rest of those no talent punks that they suck, up close and personal like.

Good thing that wasn't Alice Cooper...Hehehe
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    Did I do something?
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Did I do something?

Read the rules - you must have 100 posts to sell here. Stick around, get to know the members, thrive on the knowledge shared, and you’ll be at 100 posts in no time.
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    Sounds fair. I did not know the rules. Will try and stick around and get my posts up.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    You need 100 posts to sell here. The rule was put in place to keep trolls and spammers away (not saying you are one, but 4 posts of the same thing in 15 min doesn't look good).
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    I didnt read the rules, honestly dont use forums a lot. I have no problem deleting the post since its in violation of the rules. Just tell me how