Polk SRT System for sale

Options
mjjjhjemj
mjjjhjemj Posts: 47
edited October 2009 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
SRT System
The ultimate audio system, flagship of the Polk Audio product line. Performance Without Limits
The asking price for the system is $3200

This is an incredible system that I do not have the space for. This would need to be picked up or the buyer can coordinate the shipping from their end. They would need to be crate shipped. I have had the Polk SRT system for about 1/2 year. I got an incredible deal on the package and frankly for the deal I wasn't really going to worry at the time where I was going to put them or whether my wife was going to approve of them. Well it looks like I will be selling them to get something my wife approves of for the family room.

The front Left, Right, Center, both subwoofers, and the Polk SRT Controller are in very good condition and work perfectly. There are a couple minor imperfections - small piece of veneer missing but stained black and disappears, a small indentation on the side of one speaker, and lastly some of the grill tabs broke off but grills stay on nice and do not vibrate. All of these physical flaws are only visible upon very close inspection and then still are not easy to see.

The F/X Polk rear surround speakers have one tweeter in each that is not functioning that I am still looking into having repaired. Frankly the surrounds are not up to snuff with the rest of the speakers and I would invest in better surround speakers. I have posted a thread to the Troubleshooting forum for any thoughts from polk.

I have gone over the system completely and checked every driver. I had one subwoofer speaker from each of the subwoofers (there are two 12" drivers per subwoofer) sent back to Polk and were repaired. I replaced one of the center channel drivers as it had an ever so slight buzz that could not be heard from the listening position. I am a fanatic about keeping my equipment well taken care of. As I mentioned above I am looking into repairing the F/X surround speakers.

The SRT System is:
* 7 enclosures, including: two main Front speakers, two 300 watt Powered Subwoofers, one matched Center Channel Speaker, two dipole/bipole Surround Speakers and an SRT Control Center with wireless remote.
* 35 active drivers, 600 watts of subwoofer power
* Polk Audio's exclusive Dynamic Balance driver technology for razor sharp inner detail and low distortion
* Patented High Velocity Compression Drive and Power Port technologies for bass that will literally shake the ground beneath your feet
* Patented SDA Soundstage technology for the most precise localization and most enveloping three dimensional imaging possible, it's "Virtual Reality Audio"
* Exclusive Speed Matching technology for seamless system blending, impact and attack
* Wireless remote SRT Control Center for precise sound adjustment with unparalleled convenience
* Bass response down to 16Hz, 120dB SPL at 30Hz
* Modular design allowing a wide variety of SRT Home Theater Configurations.

I also have a Parasound HCA-1206 6 channel amp that I would be willing to sell with this if someone was interested. You can google on Polk SRT and the polk site detailing the system can be easily found.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
Post edited by mjjjhjemj on

Comments

• mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Some more pictures that show the flaws mentioned.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Where these the set that were just on Audiogon?
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    Where these the set that were just on Audiogon?

Yes,

They are still up there on Audiogon. They were sold at a higher price, but the buyer backed out when his wife did not approve of the their size.

Mike
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options
    mjjjhjemj wrote: »
    Yes,

They are still up there on Audiogon. They were sold at a higher price, but the buyer backed out when his wife did not approve of the their size.

Mike

Let me correct that they were sold at a similar price to what I am asking now, but when the listing I posted had them at the $4000 price.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes,

Mike

Bummer. That's the worst and good luck.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i want them... badly but my wife would have a fit right now. the size is what kills these for me. it ok thought that her hobby is more expensive and takes up excessive space... clothes, shoes and purses!
    man buys house,gets wife,looses house,gets garage

john
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i want them... badly but my wife would have a fit right now. the size is what kills these for me. it ok thought that her hobby is more expensive and takes up excessive space... clothes, shoes and purses!

john

You could always fit her inside one of them and no one would ever be the wiser!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i could at that, or i could say i bought her a new closet, but the terible knocking sound coming from inside them would ruin the sda effect
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited January 2009
    Options

john

Step and buy them. They always complain about size. Show her how its really done :eek::eek::eek:

Ive always wanted that set. Ive Been to SDA land but not SRT land.

Good Luck on the Sale.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2009
    Options
    my wife does not complain about size, but giant speakers is another story
    lol

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2009
    Options
    $3200 is less than a pair of 1.2's sold for new... Seems like an awesome price.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Why are these always for sale on the EAST coast? :(

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited January 2009
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »
    Why are these always for sale on the EAST coast? :(

Ill store them on the East till you come get em :)

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options
    SRT System
    The ultimate audio system, flagship of the Polk Audio product line. Performance Without Limits
    The asking price for the system is $3200

This is an incredible system that I do not have the space for. This would need to be picked up or the buyer can coordinate the shipping from their end. They would need to be crate shipped. I have had the Polk SRT system for about 1/2 year. I got an incredible deal on the package and frankly for the deal I wasn't really going to worry at the time where I was going to put them or whether my wife was going to approve of them. Well it looks like I will be selling them to get something my wife approves of for the family room.

The front Left, Right, Center, both subwoofers, and the Polk SRT Controller are in very good condition and work perfectly. There are a couple minor imperfections - small piece of veneer missing but stained black and disappears, a small indentation on the side of one speaker, and lastly some of the grill tabs broke off but grills stay on nice and do not vibrate. All of these physical flaws are only visible upon very close inspection and then still are not easy to see.

The F/X Polk rear surround speakers have one tweeter in each that is not functioning that I am still looking into having repaired. Frankly the surrounds are not up to snuff with the rest of the speakers and I would invest in better surround speakers. I have posted a thread to the Troubleshooting forum for any thoughts from polk.

I have gone over the system completely and checked every driver. I had one subwoofer speaker from each of the subwoofers (there are two 12" drivers per subwoofer) sent back to Polk and were repaired. I replaced one of the center channel drivers as it had an ever so slight buzz that could not be heard from the listening position. I am a fanatic about keeping my equipment well taken care of. As I mentioned above I am looking into repairing the F/X surround speakers.

The SRT System is:
    * 7 enclosures, including: two main Front speakers, two 300 watt Powered Subwoofers, one matched Center Channel Speaker, two dipole/bipole Surround Speakers and an SRT Control Center with wireless remote.
    * 35 active drivers, 600 watts of subwoofer power
    * Polk Audio's exclusive Dynamic Balance driver technology for razor sharp inner detail and low distortion
    * Patented High Velocity Compression Drive and Power Port technologies for bass that will literally shake the ground beneath your feet
    * Patented SDA Soundstage technology for the most precise localization and most enveloping three dimensional imaging possible, it's "Virtual Reality Audio"
    * Exclusive Speed Matching technology for seamless system blending, impact and attack
    * Wireless remote SRT Control Center for precise sound adjustment with unparalleled convenience
    * Bass response down to 16Hz, 120dB SPL at 30Hz
    * Modular design allowing a wide variety of SRT Home Theater Configurations.

I also have a Parasound HCA-1206 6 channel amp that I would be willing to sell with this if someone was interested. You can google on Polk SRT and the polk site detailing the system can be easily found.

Thanks for looking,
    Mike

As I am getting a lot of interest from folks in the west coast I have called a shipping company that will pack up the system and coordinate with a freight shipping company. They will call me back within a couple days to let me know the costs. They need to get estimates from the freight carriers on shipping on palettes or whether it would be cheaper to ship each separately.

Thanks for the interest,
    Mike
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i could at that, or i could say i bought her a new closet, but the terible knocking sound coming from inside them would ruin the sda effect

That's true...but you'd probably only have to put up with it for a few days really...after that you'd just have to be spraying them down with air freshener and incense on a daily basis.

I've drooled over the SRT's for many years now...I hope to have a set one day. I always remember one time when I was younger...I went to a friends house whose dad was a doctor, and had a bunch of money, and they had an SRT setup in their theater room...that thing was incredible...I'd love to hear one again. Talk about an enveloping theater experience...

A bit out of my price range at the moment...if you still have them in 10 years or so I might be getting a hold of ya...:p
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • bklynNupe
    bklynNupe Posts: 728
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wow!
    When I grow up...
    One day!

emotiva xpa-2
    emotiva xpa-3
    Denon 3312ci
    Rtia9 /csia6 / FXi A6
    Samsung LN46A650
    SVS PB-12-NSD sub

Audio Research SP-9 MKIII (GNSC mods)
    W4S ST250
    Lsi 9 (mods)
    W4S DAC-2
    Mac Mini
    Audio Aero Prima CD player
    Pro-Ject debut
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited January 2009
    Options
    As I am getting a lot of interest from folks in the west coast I have called a shipping company that will pack up the system and coordinate with a freight shipping company. They will call me back within a couple days to let me know the costs. They need to get estimates from the freight carriers on shipping on palettes or whether it would be cheaper to ship each separately.

Thanks for the interest,
    Mike

My guess would be around $500 ( packaged and shipped) but with your lowered price its still a great deal.
  • soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I can supply tweeters for your surrounds. PM me if interested.
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options
    soiset wrote: »
    I can supply tweeters for your surrounds. PM me if interested.

The tweeters are ok as I have individually tested in them. Polk customer service over in the Troubleshooting forum believes is the dipole/bipole switch or just the wire connections to the switch. All the speaker connections off the crossover go the dipole/bipole switch to run the front speakers and back speakers in or out of phase. He suspects that the tweeter connection to that switch is suspect.
  • kbm
    kbm Posts: 16
    edited January 2009
    Options
    wow wow wee-wah! nice system!

Very Niiiiiiiice!
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thanks for the interest,
    Mike

OK Folks - Here is the shipping quote to the West Coast and it is expensive.
    This is for Freight Shipping - all units packed into one pallet boxed and foam injected. The best way for everything to arrive unscathed.

Shipping: $593.02
    Insurance: $160.00
    Packaging: $566.98
    Labor: $165.00
    Total Cost: $1,485.00

I would be willing to pay for some of the shipping.

Mike
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If I wouldn't kick myself later on for doing so, I have a mind to sell my 1200 Suzuki and SDA 2.3TL's and drive down from NY and pick them up myself! hehehehe, shipping pfft LoL
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just an update on the L/S FX surround speakers included with the system - I did more testing and discovered that the surround speakers work perfectly out of all drivers (two tweeters and two mid woofers) while in 'Bipole' mode. While in 'Dipole' mode on only one of the surround speakers (the front tweeter) doesn't put out sound. It may be just the contacts in the dipole/bipole switch on that speaker.

Mike

OK Folks - Here is the shipping quote to the West Coast and it is expensive.
    This is for Freight Shipping - all units packed into one pallet boxed and foam injected. The best way for everything to arrive unscathed.

Shipping: $593.02
    Insurance: $160.00
    Packaging: $566.98
    Labor: $165.00
    Total Cost: $1,485.00

I would be willing to pay for some of the shipping.

Mike
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just to sweeten the deal I am now willing to include the Parasound HCA-1206 6 channel THX amp with the Polk SRT setup all for $3200. If someone does not jump on this I will truly be surprised.

Thanks for looking,
    Mike
    Just an update on the L/S FX surround speakers included with the system - I did more testing and discovered that the surround speakers work perfectly out of all drivers (two tweeters and two mid woofers) while in 'Bipole' mode. While in 'Dipole' mode on only one of the surround speakers (the front tweeter) doesn't put out sound. It may be just the contacts in the dipole/bipole switch on that speaker.

Mike
  • Hobbyguy
    Hobbyguy Posts: 317
    edited February 2009
    Options
    $1485...Yikes....was cheaper to ship my dodge viper to me.
  • mjjjhjemj
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought it was pretty ridiculous as well. Someone on East Coast who can pickup is going to the likely candidate.
    Hobbyguy wrote: »
    $1485...Yikes....was cheaper to ship my dodge viper to me.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2009
    Options
    interested in selling the amp separately?

• mjjjhjemj
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, but would like to sell the setup first. However I won't pass up a buyer at good price. What are you willing to offer? Where are you located?

Mike
    interested in selling the amp separately?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wonder if anyone has some for sale near St. Louis..............19 to go, this rule is nuts.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think that phone number should be posted in more places...you know, just so everyone else knows he has something for sale.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.