Comments

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,501
    ^^
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,865
    OMG car issues!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    I think(?) I know how he does it. :o
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,654
    Tony M wrote: »
    OMG car issues!

Just another day in the life...
    But do you have a mechanic that comes to work like the one above? :#
    Notice this GREAT TT in action.

The song is funny too.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,726
    That song, a big hit in its day, was all the rage in the peri-pubescent set (of which I was then a member) thanks to the enthusiastic female sighing/moaning that was mixed in with the chorus.

:|
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
    so -- apropos of nothing -- Chick-a-Boom always kind of reminds me of this chestnut... or maybe vice versa. :#

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
    Watch it, watch it, here it comes... :o :D
    edited April 2
    I think this is satirical (?)
    I get confused... but I still thought this worth sharing with, well, a bunch of audiophiles.
    as seen at http://www.hifihaven.org

YMMV.

Happy Monday!

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,794
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think this is satirical (?)
    I get confused... but I still thought this worth sharing with, well, a bunch of audiophiles.
    as seen at http://www.hifihaven.org

YMMV.

Happy Monday!

:confused: :neutral: :lol:
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    It's all on the forum... And there's no egos on the forums.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    It's all on the forum... And there's no egos on the forums.

I did indeed lol when I heard that.

Fortunately, I am above all of that nonsense.

Hack-hack, cough-cough, harumpf.

edited April 3
  • verbverb Posts: 2,947
    Had the pleasure of seeing Alan Parsons during a rare tour event. This brought me back!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Do you know about Alan Parsons' contribution to the Album " Dark Side of the Moon" ?

The Dark Side of the Moon
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the album by Pink Floyd. For other uses, see Dark side of the Moon.
    For the far or hidden side of the Moon, see Far side of the Moon.

Album cover by Hipgnosis and George Hardie
    Studio album by Pink Floyd
    Released
    1 March 1973
    Recorded
    1 June 1972 – January 1973
    Studio
    Abbey Road Studios, London
    Genre
    Progressive rock
    Length
    42:49
    Label
    Harvest
    Producer
    Pink Floyd
    Pink Floyd chronology
    Obscured by Clouds
    (1972)
    (1973)
    Wish You Were Here
    (1975)

30th anniversary SACD Re-issue

Singles from The Dark Side of the Moon
    "Money"
    Released: 7 May 1973
    "Us and Them"
    Released: 4 February 1974
    The Dark Side of the Moon is the eighth studio album by English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 1 March 1973 by Harvest Records. The album built on ideas explored in earlier recordings and live shows, but lacks the extended instrumental excursions that characterised their earlier work. Its themes explore conflict, greed, the passage of time, and mental illness, the latter partly inspired by the deteriorating mental state of founding member and principal contributor, Syd Barrett.
    Developed during live performances, an early version was premiered several months before recording began; new material was recorded in two sessions in 1972 and 1973 at Abbey Road in London. The group used some advanced recording techniques at the time, including multitrack recording and tape loops. Analogue synthesizers were prominent in several tracks, and snippets from recorded interviews with Pink Floyd's road crew and others provided philosophical quotations throughout. Engineer Alan Parsons was responsible for many distinctive sonic aspects and the recruitment of singer Clare Torry. The album's iconic sleeve was designed by Storm Thorgerson; following keyboardist Richard Wright's request for a "simple and bold" design, it depicts a prism spectrum, representing the band's lighting and the record's themes.
    The Dark Side of the Moon was a commercial and critical success. It topped the Billboard Top LPs & Tapes chart for a week and remained in the chart for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988. With an estimated 45 million copies sold, it is Pink Floyd's most successful album and one of the best-selling worldwide. It has been remastered and re-released several times, and covered in its entirety by several acts. It produced two singles, "Money" and "Us and Them". It is often ranked as one of the greatest albums of all time.
    edited April 4
    Cool info! Did not know! Thanks Tony! Since that video I watched others on line. Good stuff!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 681
    As a drummer, I always appreciate a good bass player. This is a favorite clip of mine. Went to school with this dude's kids, one of which looks very much like him and played bass for Chicago for a long, long time.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; FXi4s ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,501
    The Alan Parsons Project .... oh, those lp's got some serious playtime back in the day. :)
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,490
    Got Dayens?
    Been on an Alan Parsons kick. They our touring this year!
    edited April 7
    NOOOO...Not me. NEVER!
    Not this ride either. NEVER. Something would break if I rode it!
    Like THIS! :o :s :#
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,425
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Tony M wrote: »
    Like THIS! :o :s :#

Fake!
    I Know.
    But it would be for real if I rode it once. ;)