Replacement tweeter for R40 floor speakers

Celio
Celio Posts: 2
edited June 2014 in Troubleshooting
I am looking for replacement tweeters for my pair of R40. I've unscrewed them and noticed the following part numbers:

SL1902
RD0513-2

However, when I search for SL1902 on this forum and even on google I cannot find almost any reference to it. Do Polk skill carry those tweeters? Or is there another replacement I could use that would fit in the spot of my speaker's box and make sesne for the overall sound quality? I keep hearing a lot of noise around SL2000, SL2500 and SL3000 but I am not sure if those would be a fix for my speakers. Thanks upfront for any insigh.

Regards,

Celio
Post edited by Celio on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2008
    Hello,
    We have those tweeters available from us at 1-800-377-7655.
    Regards, Ken
  • Celio
    Celio Posts: 2
    edited November 2008
    Thanks, Ken. I've just received today an email reply from Polk stating the recomended replacement for my tweeter is the RD1503-1 (probably the original for R40's and R50's is not being manufactured anymore). I will probably place an order taking advantage of the Club Polk membership.

Cheers,

Celio
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2008
    Hello,
    Good, I'm glad you were able to get a replacement!
    Take care, Ken
  • Igo
    Igo Posts: 411
    edited December 2008
    Howdy
    I'm curious. Is there a spec sheet for the LS6501 tweeter? I'm looking for Specifically, I'm looking for crossover and power handling information for my old RT7 Bookshelf speakers.
    Thanks a bunch
    ...Link to my System Showcase...
    "ES - Kind'a simple but I like it"

Sony ES STR-DA4300ES 7.1
    Sony ES SACD SCD-C2000ES
    Sony 400 Disc CD CDP-CX455
    Infinity BU-2 Sub-Woofer
    Polk Audio RT800i Towers
    Polk Audio CS400i Center
    Polk Audio FXiA6 Surrounds
    Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones
    DH-Labs T-14 Speaker Cables
    Panamax Max 500 DBS Line Conditioner
    Panasonic TH-50PZ85U 50'-Plasma
    Play Station III - BluRay
    Logitech Harmony 550 Remote
    Logitech diNovo Mini Keyboard
  • U004rmc
    U004rmc Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hello,
    Good, I'm glad you were able to get a replacement!
    Take care, Ken
    Ken,
    I have a pair of R40's, one unit with a damaged tweeter. Can you recommend the appropriate (or even upgraded) replacement Polk Tweeters? I want to replace both...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2011
    Hello,
    It's best to use the original replacement tweeter. That way the speaker will sound balanced and matched to the other speaker. Give Polk's CS a call at 1-800-377-7655 on Monday.
    Cheers, Ken
  • baldjug
    baldjug Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    As much as I hate resurrecting old threads I just wanted to verify that the replacement tweeters for R40 floor speakers are RD1503-1 and I ordered a pair of them today from Polk for just under $70.

This thread is still one of the first google results for "SL1902", so i figured i'd give it an update.