Answers to Quotes & Films

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited October 2001 in Music & Movies
1. "Miss Ballou, I am here!"

Lee Marvin (Kid Shilleen) to Jane Fonda (Cat Ballou) from "Cat Ballou". Pre "Hanoi Jane", I think Lee Marvin either won, or was nominated for an Oscar portraying TWO roles in this film.

2. "You got any idea who forked about a ton of manure down my well?"

Frankie Ballou to Lee Marvin (Tim Strawn) in Cat Ballou.

3. "Who ARE those guys?"

Robert Redford (The Sundance Kid) to Paul Newman (Butch Cassidy).

4. "You're yella I tell ya! Ya haven't got the guts!"

Karl Malden to Steve McQueen (Max Sand) in Nevada Smith.

5. "If you weren't a dame, I'd kick you right in the stomach!"

Peter Falk to Hope Lange (Queenie) in Pocketful of Miracles.

Hey, I had fun just thinking about those lines.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited October 2001
    Thank you, George! I can finally get some sleep!!! :p

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    Dammit, that is the one that I couldn't come up with....feeling much better now.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2001
    That line, #5, would have been worthless delivered by anyone other than a young Peter Falk.

I saw "12 Angry Men" for the first time last night on broadcast TV. Absolutely fantastic. Never be a big seller nowadays though. NO soundtrack to speak of, ZERO special effects, and almost every inch of film shot in one room. I wonder if anyone employed in Hollywood today could appreciate the impact of that film.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2001
    You are probably right.....they just don't make movies like they used to. Guys like Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Glenn Ford....you just don't find them like that.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut