Ebony Lsi9's

Options
nikolas812
nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
edited October 2008 in 2 Channel Audio
$500.00 plus shipping add 4% for Paypal.

Theres a couple nicks on one of them. I don't know how they got there. They were there when I got them. The seller said there was one small nick. Turned out to be three.:rolleyes:

In the third picture there looks like there is a long scratch. Theres not! Its just a reflection from a windex streek.

By the way they are very dirty in the pics also.:o I was just too lazy to clean them up for the pics.

The other one is perfect.

They both sound great and work as they should.

I don't have any of the original boxes or manuals.

If your interested let me know.

Thanks

Nick

[URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0131.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0131.jpg[/URL]
[URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0127.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0127.jpg[/URL]
[URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0128.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0128.jpg[/URL]
[URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0130.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0130.jpg[/URL]
Post edited by nikolas812 on

Comments

• nikolas812
    edited August 2008
    Options
    After seeing what these are going for on ebay and other places. I feel I should lower the price on these given the condition of the speakers.

By the way. The pictures make them look a lot worse than they are. The nicks on the front you can't even notice with the grills on or off. I can also touch these up for anybody that purchases them. I might just go ahead and do that and get some new pictures taken of them all cleaned up.

So more pics to come.....

As for the price.. I am now asking $400.00 plus shipping and no paypal fees.

Cheers

Nick
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I never seen the price this low for LSi9. What's your next speakers you have in mind Nick?
  • mhartman29
    mhartman29 Posts: 257
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Nice upgrade. I hear minis are awesome!!
    Emotiva LMC pre/pro
    Emotiva LPA amp
    Fronts LSI15
    Center LSIC
    Rears LSI7s
    Dual MFW-15s
    Oppo 980H
    Signal Analog II ICs
    Signal Ultra speaker cables
  • nikolas812
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mhartman29 wrote: »
    Nice upgrade. I hear minis are awesome!!

I hope.

I am still undecided yet between these two.

Magnepan 1.6
    Onix Strata Mini

Cheers

Nik
  • GEBBY44
    GEBBY44 Posts: 939
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Holy cow, that is a great price for the 9's. Go for the Strata's. I haven't heard the 1.6, but what I heard from the Strata's using solid state gear was incredible. I just purchased a pair of Rocket RS-850's and they sound great, but the Strata is just the best speaker for the price they go for. If looks weren't a concern at my house, the Strata's would have been mine. They are an incredible speaker like all Onix/av123. DO IT!
  • SlowcarIX
    SlowcarIX Posts: 887
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nikolas812 wrote: »
    I hope.

I am still undecided yet between these two.

Magnepan 1.6
    Onix Strata Mini

Cheers

Nik

ever consider the eminent tech lft 8?
    my 7.(1x4) HT setup
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-65734
    AVP / Amp - Onkyo PR-SC885P / D-Sonic 2500-7
    Front - Emerald Physics CS2
    Center - JTR Triple 12LF
    Surround L/R / Back - Polk RTi4 / Polk FXi A4
    Sub - 4 X Hsu ULS15 playing nearfield
    DVD / CDP - Sony PS3/40GB / Sony SCD-XA9000ES
    Belkin PURE AV PF60 / UPS
    Buttkicker

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60612
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That's another great speaker worth considering Nik. You have the ribbons like a maggie 1.6 and the boxed driver like a strata.
  • nikolas812
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There out of my price range. The prices most of these speakers are going for I could spend a little bit more and get the Emeralds.

But right now I am considering throwing everything I have in the my pond and getting a Bose Lifestyle system.:rolleyes:

Nick
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There out of my price range. The prices most of these speakers are going for I could spend a little bit more and get the Emeralds.

But right now I am considering throwing everything I have in the my pond and getting a Bose Lifestyle system.:rolleyes:

Nick

The best decision you ever made :D
  • nikolas812
    edited August 2008
    Options
    These are no longer for sale.

For now........
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited August 2008
    Options
  • nikolas812
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well..... Since my thread has been appropriately moved. I will go ahead and keep posting in the thread.

Heres whats happened. I have decided to keep the Lsi's for just a little while longer. While I have them I have decided to rip the old black wood siding off the sides and replace with real maple. My dad is having a house built right now and they were putting in the cabinets last night. Which happened to be real maple. Well... They looked absolutely gorgeous. So I ran up to my house and pulled a panel off one of the Lsi's and brought it the cabinet maker. I asked him if he could make four identical side panels in the same wood used for my dads cabinets. He said no problem. So now I am just waiting to get my new panels. I already have one speaker stripped of its old panels. I still have to do the other today. It is not easy at all! Hence I only got one done last night.

I wonder if anybody else has done this? I know I remember seeing a thread where somebody stripped some Lsi15's. But nothing where somebody has replaced the old wood with better looking wood, or at least better looking IMO. I am hoping to have a one of a kind pair of Lsi9's. Either way I don't guess it matters. I think it will look amazing though.

I'll post pictures of the process as soon as I take some.

Cheers

Nick
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing the pics. Once you upgrade the crossovers, you'll virtually have a brand new pair of speakers.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You should just Karma the 9's. I'd like to start with IN Please:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • SolidSqual
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This could be a good move Nik. You might be able to get even more when you sell them . . . OR, you could keep them as a kind prize for so much hard work.
  • nikolas812
    edited August 2008
    Options
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    This could be a good move Nik. You might be able to get even more when you sell them . . . OR, you could keep them as a kind prize for so much hard work.

That was exactly what I was thinking.

If I did sell them. I might get more for them.

I also thought if I could keep them. They would work great in a bedroom setup.

Nick
  • nikolas812
    edited September 2008
    Options
    OK heres where were at as of today.

I am still waiting for my Maple Side panels to be done.

So while waiting I decided to strip down the Lsi 9's and repaint them. They had a couple of chips on them anyway. I was also not a fan of the lack luster paint job Polk put on them to begin with. So I have striped them down and repaired any chips that there were and also repaired some marks I made in the wood while taking the old panels off. You would never see the marks I put in them once the new panels are installed. But I would know they were there and it would bug the hell out of me. I have also applied 5 coats of high build primer to the cabinets.

Tomorrow I will block the primer and then spray a coat of primer sealer on them. Then I will apply the base coat of black. Next I will apply 5 coats of clear. Once the clear cures over night I will wet sand the clear to level off the Orange peal created by the clear and buff to a mirror finish that is so deep you could get lost in it.

There going to look amazing! I think the paint job will compliment the new panels nicely.

I will post pics of everything.

Heres some from today.

Cheers

Nick

[URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0153.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0153.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0154.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0154.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0155.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0155.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0156.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0156.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0157.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0157.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0158.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0158.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0159.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0159.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0160.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0160.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0161.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0161.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="[IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/nikolas812/IMG_0162.jpg[/IMG]"]IMG_0162.jpg[/URL]
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Can I come and play too!
    Damn son you are not messing around. As I was reading I was getting scared thinking this fool is going to royally screw up a nice par of speakers! All I have to say after seeing the pics is carry on:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Very cool, keep the pictures coming!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SolidSqual
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow Nick, times like this make me wish I followed my Dad's lead and went into carpentry instead of Law. I give you serious props. That not only takes balls, but patience and talent.

By the way, this is not the first time Nick has done a spectacular paint job: Artillery of Sound
  • nikolas812
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words!;)

I love to see and take pictures so there will be plenty to come.

I should have them done by Monday. Except for the side panels. So I will have pics to come tomorrow and Monday for sure.

Cheers
  • nikolas812
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well.... I've had some technical difficulties. Not having any power being the main one. I happen to be 1 of 500,000 people without electricity right now. We are fortunate enough to have a generator or I wouldn't be typing this right now. Hurricane Ike knocked down around 5000 power lines and left a half a million people in the dark..... In Indiana and Kentucky!:eek: I don't know exactly how may miles away Indiana is from the ocean but I am sure its quite a bit. And we still got 70+ mph winds. I had never seen anything like it. We spent most of the day cleaning up the yard and cutting up trees.

They said it could be 10-14 days before our electric could be turned back on.:(

Meanwhile the Lis9's sit in the garage patiently waiting.

I managed to get them both blocked and ready to be sprayed before the power went out Sunday.

So as soon as the power is back on I'll get back to them. I took a couple of pics but they don't look much different than they did before. So I see no need in posting them.

Once I make some more progress I'll post more pics.

Cheers

Nick
  • SlowcarIX
    SlowcarIX Posts: 887
    edited September 2008
    Options
    eep...i'm flying out to vincennes in 6am tomorrow morning and driving to louisville ky in the evening....hope its not affected :eek:
    my 7.(1x4) HT setup
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-65734
    AVP / Amp - Onkyo PR-SC885P / D-Sonic 2500-7
    Front - Emerald Physics CS2
    Center - JTR Triple 12LF
    Surround L/R / Back - Polk RTi4 / Polk FXi A4
    Sub - 4 X Hsu ULS15 playing nearfield
    DVD / CDP - Sony PS3/40GB / Sony SCD-XA9000ES
    Belkin PURE AV PF60 / UPS
    Buttkicker

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60612
  • nikolas812
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I don't know what you have to do in Louisville. But its ****. It got hit the worst of all. If you have business to do or something. Good luck.

You might want to check on the airport status also. I am pretty sure they said flights are good in and out. But if you have business to do in town it might be a problem. Gas stations with electric are far and few between. And the ones that are up and running are a mad house. And that goes for all the local businesses to.

You might try to find a way to check the status of things you planned to do here.

If you were just catching a flight out of Louisville you should be fine though. The airport should be good to go.

Nick
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Holy Optical illusions Batman, in some of those pics (2nd abd 4th from last) the table looks like its floating in midair.
    Nice project.

You gonna upgrade your XOs while thier out? :D;)

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • nikolas812
    edited September 2008
    Options
    mmadden28 wrote: »

You gonna upgrade your XOs while thier out? :D;)

Nope.... I can't justify it. I would just assume buy better speakers. And that is exactly what I plan to do. Been planning to do actually. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row right now.

EDIT: Holy Crap!! You're right! I just noticed thouse pictures.:eek:

Cheers

Nick
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2008
    Options

EDIT: Holy Crap!! You're right! I just noticed thouse pictures.:eek:

Its eerie.

So how do the side panels come off (and no I'm not even thinking of trying it) ?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You'd think a guy that could float tables in the air could do magic with his
    crossovers.:D
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson