The Original Polk Monitor Model 7

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited June 2008 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
These are some of the earliest Model 7's still kicking today. This is the first rendetion - think Dickeyville folks, EARLY 70's.

Peerless tweeter (no hole) and 8 inch passive radiator (yes, it's not a typo - EIGHT inch PR). Overall great condition. Grilles are solid and complete with original heart logos attached. Cabinets have minor marking, but nothing to get wrapped up around the axle about. Drivers are in great condition, and the speakers operate and sound like they should. Serial numbers 2158 and 2160 on original paper 'stubs' on rear (inspected by 'JB').

A great opportunity to own a true classic. A super rare speaker that I've had tucked away in the closet for a few years. I've pulled them out and listened to them every night for the past week, and as much as it pains me to let them go, it's time for another Polkie to horde these rare gems. I'd like these to stay in the hardcore Polk community, the real Polk fan base, so naturally I'm offering them here first. No bites, I'll probably just ship them up to Baltimore to the speaker company with heart - send them back home.

$100 local DFW area pickup, willing to assist with delivery within a reasonable distance. Travelling to Galveston mid July if that helps.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Last call.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,239
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Little too far for me to drive... but original Polk Model 7s would be a very cool acquisition indeed.

polk_brochure_back_pg.jpg
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Nobody? Wow.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2008
    Options
    this is the first version of the famous monitor 7
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,238
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Not shipping? ;)
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Feel like bringing them???
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,133
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I have no need for these, but maybe they could replace the bedroom R50's. I'm fairly certain this is a dumb question, but forgive me (no experience with vintage Polks). How would these compare with the R50's? I'd be driving them with an older Onkyo 575.

Thanks.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Hey Russ,
    I'll take a look at them when I drop by. Maybe upgrade from the KLH 17? Wife's already giving me the evil we-have-too-many-speakers eye.
  • seeclear
    edited June 2008
    Options
    seeclear wrote: »
    Not shipping? ;)

I could be interested, zip is 80863
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2008
    Options
    PSOVLSK, then fatchowmein. One of you guys decide already.

Not interested in shipping, drivers are for the most part irreplaceable, don't want to risk it unless they are going to sit on display at Polk HQ and don't HAVE to function.
  • seeclear
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Good, the better half wouldn't be happy if I bought them, anyway. ;)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,655
    edited June 2008
    Options
    PSOVLSK, The speakers are much better then the R50's.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I'll take them.

pm coming.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2008
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I'll take them.

pm coming.

Thanks for saving my marriage.

Congrats.
  • LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Nice speakers!
    How much for the S.O.D. lp?:D
  • PSOVLSK
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Thanks for saving my marriage.

Congrats.

Saving your marriage, costing me mine:D

You mentioned the "we have too many speakers eye". I'll be getting that look when I get them to the house. Sad thing is that it's to the point that she's probably right.

I'll be getting these next week, can't wait.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Sold to PSOVLSK.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Hey Russ,

If today is a good day I'll stop by and pick these up. Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll come by late this afternoon.

Thanks,

Paul