1984 Monte Carlo SS for giveaway

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited May 2008 in Garage Sale
I drove this car into the garage back in 1990 when I purchased an IROC Z. It hasn't been moved since. Was running fine but had a power steering pump leak. Of course after 18 years its not going to run. Its in ok condition with no rust, 117K miles, a small little scrunch on the front left fender, AC compressor and other AC parts were removed way back to lighten up. 305 V8 w/corvette cam, had a nice lope to it. This is an AWESOME project car. White exterior color, clean interior, no radio. All you have to do is tow it away from my garage in Frederick Maryland. ;)

Post here if you want it to avoid any confusion.

madmax

Edit: Looks like this one but is an 84 with different looking wheels, blue bench seat interior w/SS stitched on the headrests. Fairly rare car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-monte-carlo-ss-84k-actual-miles-very-sharp-clean_W0QQitemZ290227361091QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290227361091&
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2008
    Options
    SOLD! Email me. I can have it towed on Sunday.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Are you serious?

• dorokusai
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Absolutely.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • madmax
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Sold to the high bidder Doro! Come and get her. Awesome!!!
    madmax

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Dang, wow. That is SWEET! Congrats, doro!

A friend and I were wanting to do a project car a while back. The old Monte Carlo, I thought, would be a GREAT foundation to build on. Dang, and free, too. Great deal! :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited May 2008
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuzjfptbbY&feature=related

Look at Doro goooo.

Take some pics when she arrives.
    Still have the removed componets?

Good snag for sure congrats,

Dave
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Oh boy, I can envision it now. He's gonna DONK it out, add some bling-bling [curb-feelers], little dice dangling from the rear view mirror and a blue glow in the dark dild* as a hood ornament. The bumper's gonna have a diaper just for extra protection. Ohhhhh, poor car. :(

:p

Seriously, that a bad mama-jama you got's there Mark! Congrat's. :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • madmax
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I can't wait to see it set up with fuzzy dice and the mexican fur job on the dash and headliner.
    madmax

• candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2008
    Options
    They usually put hydraulics on those cars.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Chuck - Thanks for the smoking deal :D We got her running this weekend with a fresh battery and some gasoline. It fired right up...first shot. It smokes a bit but that's probably from sitting for 15+ years. The transmission needs some fluid and it doesn't move yet but that's the next project.

Ole' Madmax hooked me up with new tires, shocks, different rear axle, floor jack, car ramps and a host of paperwork goodies that only a true car nut would still have after all these years. Thanks man!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Wow, phenomenal!!!

I love the old Monte Carlo....gotta love a two door sedan with a 40 foot wingspan.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Great Karma at least that's the way I look at it. Congrats Doro.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2008
    Options
    Greatest karma of all.

You lucky ****......hope you didn't break a couple piston rings.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2008
    Options
    That is awesome. Congrats Mark. So does that mean you are arranging tours at Polkfest? :) :eek: :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I've done my part for Polkfest, the rest is up to you guys.
  • madmax
    edited May 2008
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    We got her running this weekend with a fresh battery and some gasoline. It fired right up...first shot. It smokes a bit but that's probably from sitting for 15+ years. The transmission needs some fluid and it doesn't move yet but that's the next project.

I didn't think it would take much. I actually drove it daily until the day I parked it in the garage. BTW, its a keeper. They were required to make 5000 in 1984 to be able to use the nose for stock car racing and from what I remember that is how many they made. Of course later years it became a normal production car. :)
    madmax